So, What's For Dinner Tuesday???
  Re: (...)
I love this issue (#64) - we're going for the CHA CHA CHURRASCO!!

Flank Steak Skewers and probably coucous with feta - and a little more of the wonderful grilled pineapple, and grilled bells.

(4 oz. of flank steak = 78mg of sodium) The recipe nutrition list says for one skewer (which would be 6 oz. of flank w/3 T. of sauce = 168mg of sodium. But 6 oz. is a bigger portion than any of us ought to be eating!!)
Bells (sweet yellows) are only 4mg sodium for a whole one)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: So, What's For Dinner Tuesday??? by cjs (I love this issue (#...)
Tnanks for that Jean! I can make that for Fredia.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
Hmmm...maybe I need to wake up my taste buds a bit. I just haven't gotten excited about anything in that issue yet, except the meatballs that you made last night. I'm going to look at the CHA CHA dish right now!

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: So, What's For Dinner Tuesday??? by Mare749 (Hmmm...maybe I need ...)
I'm feeling a little Mexican so tonight I'll work around the salsa I just made. I need to check some recipes.

The air quality is so bad that I can't go out this afternoon so whatever I make, the ingredients are already in the house.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
We're having comfort food tonight. Grilled Pork Chops, Augratin Potatoes & green beans (I'll grill them, too). The Pork chops are brined in the freezer. Great to have on hand for short notice company.

The brine solution is 1/2 cup veg oil, juice of one lemon, 1 teasp each of garlic salt, paprika, salt, sugar. Put 4 1/2" thick chops in single layer in gallon size ziplock bag and add brine solution and work it around to cover the chops(or put two in quart size bags and divide the solution between the two bags). Put in freezer until ready to use. Thaw and grill. Yummy!
I am going to make the pork chops florentine from issue 64. I usually make steak florentine and never thought about pork chops.
  Re: Re: So, What's For Dinner Tuesday??? by Emmasmum (I am going to make t...)
We are having steak, baked potatoes, green salad and SugarBrown's Mama's Banana Cake [I added dried cranberries this time].
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: So, What's For Dinner Tuesday??? by Emmasmum (I am going to make t...)
Emmasmum,

I just made this, too, and thought it was great. Once again, I didn't use all the oil called for, or salt (I brined my chops for an hour, really makes a difference). This was excellent, the Picky One liked it. We both liked the grilled broccolini, and I loved the goat cheese tomatoes.

I used a lot more fresh herbs than called for- my herbs are thriving this summer.

This is something I'll absolutely do again. Hope you enjoyed it as much as we did!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: So, What's For Dinner Tuesday??? by Half_Baked (I'm feeling a little...)
Jan, I hope you're doing okay down there. Even here in NH we have air quality warnings for the next few days. Hope your Mexican dinner was delicious!

PJ
PJ
The kids had -
Grilled Teriyaki Chicken breast
Pineapple rice
Steamed carrots, broccoli and yellow pepper

I am having and leaving for hubby who gets home some time after midnight
Grilled Southwestern chicken thighs
Pineapple rice
Black Bean fiesta salad
Tortillas.

YUM! Jean, That black bean fiesta salad has become one of our favorties. So easy and so fresh and healthy. Thanks.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.