Can You Be.....
  Re: (...)
pre-menstral when you've already taken the long, long journey thru menopause?????????

Somehow, I seem to have been a tad confrontational this week and I apologize to anyone who might have been upset or turned off by the bruhaha.

I will immediately take a 'let-it-slide' pill and see if that helps... Pollyanna returns tomorrow.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Can You Be..... by cjs (pre-menstral when yo...)
Teehee, Jean, you are so funny
Writing is just not the same as talking I often write things that I think are hysterical, only to have them ignored or overlooked cuz they just don't "sound" as good on paper. Don't you worry Chief, I doubt anyone was offended
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Can You Be..... by farnfam (Teehee, Jean, you ar...)
LOL, Jean! Cis hit the nail on the head.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: Can You Be..... by Half_Baked (LOL, Jean! Cis hit t...)
Jean, I like people who don't always agree with me. We learn a lot that way, and life would be awfully boring if we were all the same. And as far as being confrontational, I prefer to think of it as being passionate about your profession.

Hugs,
Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Can You Be..... by farnfam (Teehee, Jean, you ar...)
Quote:

I often write things that I think are hysterical, only to have them ignored or overlooked cuz they just don't "sound" as good on paper. Don't you worry Chief, I doubt anyone was offended
Cis

I'm with you there! I don't take anything on this particular board as offensive at all. If I think I've said something funny or profound or whatever and I end up being a thread-ender, I just giggle at myself

My grandmother is celebrating her 97th birthday in a few days, and she never takes herself too seriously, always enjoying the journey.

And her 4PM Highball (what is that?) with a beer chaser probably doesn't hurt, either

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Can You Be..... by pjcooks ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
oh aye, the 4pm highball/cocktail. I'm all over it
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Can You Be..... by pjcooks ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
  Re: Post deleted by sysadmin by (...)
I think I must have missed something...

Nevermind..just read the other thread.
  Re: Re: Can You Be..... by DFen911 (I think I must have ...)
What other thread? I was a member of another forum where one of the other members was a chef and took herself and her profession very, very seriously. She was abrupt, demanding, and wouldn't accept even minor errors in anothers comments. Many members, myself included, thought she was a real witch...and she could be; then I met her in person listened to her and watched her. She was a warm person and quite personable. Her writing style did leave much to be desired, but that's just how she said things. I don't really know what my point is, other than how one writes/comes across on the forum isn't necessairily who they are. Now, Jean, she's a whole nuther story bless her heart
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Can You Be..... by bjcotton (What other thread? ...)
That 4 p.m. cocktail sounds like a grand plan! Cheers everybody! Group hug!

Maryann