Patio Project
  Re: (...)
Here are some pictures of the new patio Marilee and her busband, Brian, are building. The larger circle in the center is to be a fire pit base, the three smaller circles are for chairs, one each circle, there will be a total of 6 circles, 3 on each side of the pit. Then there are going to be two rectangular areas for benches on each side of the pit.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v499/bjcotton/Patio/
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Patio Project by bjcotton (Here are some pictur...)
That's going to be beautiful! How fun!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Patio Project by Harborwitch (That's going to be b...)
What a fun project! I can't wait to see it finished! I've been wanting to tear out our old patio and put in a new one. Could use some ideas.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
I admire people who can get a project completed quickly-- my husband has been working on our patio at the lake house for 3 years...

I feel a bit dense, but I have to ask-- why the circles for chairs? Just to show where they will go in the final plan, or is this some sort of special base for the chairs?
(sorry, it's late, hot, and muggy...)
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Patio Project by foodfiend (I admire people who ...)
That was the design Marilee came up with. They have canvas camp chairs, six of them , one swinging bench and one cast iron bench. All around the circles and rectangles they are going to fill in with small gravel and then top it with river rock. They especially like to sit outdoors in the evenings around a fire. Their back porch/patio is covered so that is where they sit when it's wet. Marilee in particular is quite artistic and handy. Where I went to business college for buisiness administration, she went for welding and auto mechanics. Used to fix her own car, etc. Handy little devil.

Billy
Unintended consequences - we put in a patio off our back porch (it used to be a porch, but is now a 28x17 all-weather, family room-we still call it the porch). It is a nice semi-circular, interlocking paver patio. We have a table and chairs and the grills there. What we didn't count on was how much heat it throws into the room-as it faces south and we lost a huge tree which used to shade that side of the house.
  Re: Re: Patio Project by lxxf (Unintended consequen...)
That is going to be beautiful. I've always wanted a fire pit.

Is that Buddy at the forefront in one of the pics, or Marilee's dog? Sure looks like someone was shaved for the summer. Bet he feels wonderful, whoever he is!
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: Patio Project by lxxf (Unintended consequen...)
Lookin' good!! I like the fire pit especially.

I'm kind of sorry our project is almost done - working on landscaping now - it was fun to work on and being in the front yard, we met so many in our neighborhood walking by.

Maryann, how's your project coming? Have you decided on countertops??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Patio Project by cjs (Lookin' good!! I lik...)
Yes Jan, that's Buddy with his summer haircut. I'd just had him clipped and bathed, he got here and the first thing he did was roll in the dirt...of course.

I forgot to tell y'all that Marilee's dogs have inproved in health to the point they weren't put down. The vet will evaluate them in a month or so, but right now they're doing fine. A real relief for Marilee.

Billy
  Re: Re: Patio Project by bjcotton (That was the design ...)
What a great idea to drain the base where the chairs will be placed. I forgot that you live in the land of rain. I forget what rain is...
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com