ISO recipe for Coke Brined Chicken
  Re: (...)
Somehow I missed the recipe for the chicken. Will you share it again. Thanks
  Re: ISO recipe for Coke Brined Chicken by Barbarainnc (Somehow I missed the...)
This recipe has not been added to the archives (at Cuisine Members plus) as yet...and my scanner's done. But if someone doesn't post this for you today, I'll type it up - hang on.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: ISO recipe for Coke Brined Chicken by cjs (This recipe has not ...)
Here ya go:

* Exported from MasterCook *

Coke-brined Grilled Chicken

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : A List Poultry

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
FOR THE CHICKEN AND BRINE--
1 whole chicken (4-6 lb.)
1 liter coca-cola
1/2 cup kosher salt
FOR THE RUB
Combine; rub over chicken and grill:
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon dry mustard
2 teaspoons paprika
SERVE WITH:
Bourbon BBQ or Sweet Carolina Dipping Sauce

Butter fly the chicken. Poke about 6 holes in the underside of each chicken half--this helps the brine to soak deeply into the meat. Combine the Coke and salt in a large resealable plastic bag, stirring to dissolve the salt. Place the chicken halves in the brine, seal the bag, and refrigerate for 2 hours. Preheat the grill to high.

Combine the rub ingredients in a bowl. Remove the chicken from the brine and pat dry with paper towels (discard the brine). Rub the paste over the chicken, then let it stand for 15 minutes.

Turn 1 side of the grill to low (maintain high heat on the other side). Arrange both chicken halves on the low-heat section, skin side down. Top the halves with a cast iron skillet and a brick. Cover and grill for 10 minutes, then rotate the chicken 45°. Reposition the skillet and brick on the chicken; grill for 10 more minutes, or until skin is crispy and brown.

Flip the chicken over and grill, without weight, for 20-30 minutes, or until it's 180° in the thigh.

Serve chicken with dipping sauces.

Source:
"CuisineAtHome, June 2007, pg 7"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: ISO recipe for Coke Brined Chicken by bjcotton (Here ya go:[br][br] ...)
Thanks so much for the recipe!!!!
  Re: Re: ISO recipe for Coke Brined Chicken by Barbarainnc (Thanks so much for t...)
Yes, thanks Billy, I hadn't gotten around to putting that in MC yet.

Barbara, you are going to love it. Definately a keeper.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: ISO recipe for Coke Brined Chicken by Mare749 (Yes, thanks Billy, I...)
But, you need the sauces also!! They are so good - especially the Sweet Carolina.

Bourbon BBQ

1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup each: ketchup, apple cider vinegar & bourbon
1 T. worcestershire sauce

Simmer the ingred. together for 5 minutes.
Off heat, season with: salt and red pepper flakes to taste.

Sweet Carolina

1/4 cup each: honey, apple cider vinegar & prepared yellow mustard
1/2 tsp. salt

Simmer the ingredients together for 5 minutes.
Off heat, season with: red pepper flakes to tasste.

These are really tasty sauces.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: ISO recipe for Coke Brined Chicken by cjs (This recipe has not ...)
Quote:

This recipe has not been added to the archives (at Cuisine Members plus) as yet...and my scanner's done. But if someone doesn't post this for you today, I'll type it up - hang on.

I'm a newbie, just learned of/subscribed to the magazine. What is "Cuisine Members Plus"? It would be great if there were an archive of recipes for subscribers (and a search feature). Perhaps this "Cuisine Members Plus" is what I'm looking for?
  Re: Re: ISO recipe for Coke Brined Chicken by mcdsid ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Welcome mcdsid! The MembersPlus was only open in its Beta form for a short while and then closed to membership. Several of us managed to "get in" on the Beta testing and so have access to it. It includes all the recipes ever published in CusineAtHome. Those of us that did get in are more than willing to help our fellow CAH members find recipes. The "Search" function is not as elaborate as in most other forums, but we can usually find a recipe one way or another. If you're curious about a recipe, just post that fact and one of us will do our best to locate it for you or one similar.

Again, welcome to our little corner of the world...there are members from all over the world.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: ISO recipe for Coke Brined Chicken by bjcotton (Welcome mcdsid! The...)
Welcome mcdsid! Please come back and join us often. You can pick up a lot of good recipes on this forum, as someone is always trying something new. There are nice people here, and we all have a lot of fun.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: ISO recipe for Coke Brined Chicken by mcdsid ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Welcome, mcdsid! I didn't get in on the member's plus either, and I agree with the archive and search function.

Enjoy it here, it gets fun!

PJ
PJ