I need advice.
  Re: (...)
Hi Guys,

I made a smoked pork loin yesterday. Huge pice of it like 5lbs is now sitting in my fridge. Unfortunately everybody said they wanted dinner at 7 but ended up eating close to 9 and it is not as moist as i normally would like to have it. I am thinking of making some kind of pork sandwiches out of it I guess similar to Carolina pork or something like that. Have any suggestions and or recipes?

Thank you
  Re: I need advice. by piano226 (Hi Guys,[br][br]I ma...)
I have done a couple of things when that happens. One time, I cut into small chunks and made Kung Pao pork and put it over steamed rice. Another time, I just cut it into small pieces and put it in the crockpot with BBQ sauce for a couple of hours. Oh, and one other time, I cubed the meat and used it in a cassoulet with a little sliced sausage and beans.

Your original idea sounds good to me, just cut it up and simmer it for a little while in your favorite sauce. Makes great sandwiches.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: I need advice. by Mare749 (I have done a couple...)
YOU could shred it, put it in the slowcooker with some thick pork gravvy; use hoagie rolls cut in half; then serve the pork with gravy on the hoagies with maybe a creamy coleslaw.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: I need advice. by bjcotton (YOU could shred it, ...)
Yes you could, or slice it very thin and roll up goodies in the slices and cook it with a few tabspns of Billys Green Gold.
might even do an old fashioned sandwich filling - shred the pork, and add eggs, pickles, mayo/m.w., onion, etc. I still love that on a sandwich.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
One idea is to use it in pork enchiladas. I do that a lot with leftover pork loin, or our favorite is a South Carolina Mustard pork sandwich. Reheat in a little Apple Cider vinegar and brown sugar with red pepper flakes to jazz it up. This is how I make my pulled pork sandwiches in the slow cooker.

Use a mustard BBQ sauce...This is our favorite.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Mustard BBQ Sauce

Recipe By :Erin
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Sauces and dressings

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 cup yellow mustard - yes -- plain yellow mustard
1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar
1/3 cup brown sugar -- packed
2 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 T. lemon juice
1 Tbsp molasses -- mild
1 tsp cayenne pepper

Combine all ingredints and cook over medium-low heat for 30 minutes.

Makes 2 cups.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

NOTES : This sauce also freezes just fine! We use it on ribs and
on pulled pork sandwiches.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: I need advice. by esgunn (One idea is to use i...)
Oops - forgot to note it - the mustard BBQ sauce is actually a C@H recipe. And 1 tsp of cayanne makes a VERY spicy sauce. We add to taste.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: I need advice. by esgunn (Oops - forgot to not...)
that sounds great, erin!! duly copied - darn, Roy got into the l/o pork tenderloin I had.....oh well, copied for next one.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com