Warm German Potato Salad with Kielbasa...
  Re: (...)
Recieved an email indicating that this is the C@H recipe of the week. Has anyone tried it? Issue 39.
  Re: Warm German Potato Salad with Kielbasa... by Ron (Recieved an email in...)
I tried it many many times. We love it.
  Re: Re: Warm German Potato Salad with Kielbasa... by piano226 (I tried it many many...)
Would someone be kind enough to post that recipe, I didn't start c@h until issue 60. TIA
  Re: Re: Warm German Potato Salad with Kielbasa... by vannin (Would someone be kin...)
Thanks, Piano, I have some Kielbasa and want to do something other than slap it between a bun.

Here's the recipe, vannin:

Warm German Potato Salad with Kielbasa
(Cuisine at home, June 2003, Issue 39, p. 12)
Makes: 6 Cups Total Time: About 30 Minutes Rating: Easy

Toss:
1 1/2 lb. red potatoes, sliced into 1/4"-thick rounds
1 T. olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste

Saute:
1/2 lb. smoked kielbasa, sliced into 1/4"-thick rounds
1 T. olive oil

Add:
1/2 cup yellow onion, diced

Stir in:
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
2 T. olive oil
2 T. brown sugar
1 T. Dijon mustard
2 t. minced fresh thyme

Add:
1/2 cup celery, diced
Salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 450° with rack in lower third. Coat baking sheet with nonstick spray.

Toss potatoes with oil, salt, and pepper on the prepared baking sheet. Arrange in a single layer and roast for 10 minutes. Stir potatoes and continue roasting until browned and cooked through, about 10 more minutes.

Saute kielbasa in 1 T. oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown on both sides, about 5 minutes.

Add onion and saute until soft and lightly browned, 3 minutes.

Stir in vinegar, 2 T. oil, sugar, mustard, and thyme; simmer 3–4 minutes. Keep warm while potatoes roast.

Add celery, salt, and pepper to kielbasa mixture just before potatoes are done—not too soon or celery will lose its green color. Drizzle warm dressing over potatoes and toss gently with a spatula to coat. Serve salad warm.

Add onion to the pan of browned kielbasa.
Stir potatoes half way through the cooking process.

Nutrition Information (Per 4 oz.):
163 calories 54% calories from fat 10g total fat 15g carb. 319mg sodium 1g fiber

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
© August Home Publishing Company
  Re: Re: Warm German Potato Salad with Kielbasa... by Ron (Thanks, Piano, I hav...)
Oh my that sounds good and look at the nutritional info! Very reasonable.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: Warm German Potato Salad with Kielbasa... by Ron (Thanks, Piano, I hav...)
Many thanks, now.....what is keilbasa?
  Re: Re: Warm German Potato Salad with Kielbasa... by vannin (Many thanks, now.......)
It's a Polish sausage, Dale.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: Warm German Potato Salad with Kielbasa... by Half_Baked (It's a Polish sausag...)
Thang Kew Jan.
  Re: Re: Warm German Potato Salad with Kielbasa... by vannin (Many thanks, now.......)
It is traditional Polish sausage.

I love Wikipedia to find out about things - here is a link to its info on kielbasa
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kielbasa
Quote:

Many thanks, now.....what is keilbasa?

If you can't find that, it would probably fly okay with Bratwurst or Polish. Locally, Polish and Kielbasa are not exactly the same, Kielbasa being smoked and spicier. I'm sort of a Kielbasa hound myself - just the right combination of spices and smoke for me.