Half-Baked--here's a recipe for you
  Re: (...)
Jan,
I came across this recipe from Cooking Light that I thought might be of interest to you.

Pasta Alfredo with Swiss Chard

1 pound Swiss chard
8 ounces uncooked penne (tubular-shaped pasta)
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
3/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
1/4 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese, divided
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper

1. Remove stems and center ribs from Swiss chard. Coarsely chop; set aside.

2. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain pasta in a colander over a bowl, reserving 3/4 cup cooking liquid. Set aside; keep warm.

3. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, and sauté 30 seconds. Add Swiss chard; sauté 3 minutes or until wilted.

4. Combine the reserved 3/4 cup cooking liquid, ricotta cheese, 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper in a small bowl; stir well. Combine the pasta, Swiss chard mixture, and ricotta cheese mixture, and toss well. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.

Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
Servings: 4

Categories: Main Dish, May '97, Pasta

Source: Cooking Light, May 1997, p.89
Copyright: © Cooking Light

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Half-Baked--here's a recipe for you by Mare749 (Jan,[br]I came acros...)
It's strange, I like Parmesan cheese, but don't care for Alfredo sauce. Oh well, don't like liver either.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Half-Baked--here's a recipe for you by bjcotton (It's strange, I like...)
Thanks Maryann, seems as if it was for Jan, we all swooped.
  Re: Re: Half-Baked--here's a recipe for you by vannin (Thanks Maryann, seem...)
Maryann, thank you! That's definately a keeper and I'll put ricotta on my shopping list.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.