Hazards of Old Age
  Re: (...)
My sis Marilee bought a Weber kettle BBQ 35 years ago, new, for $50. Her husband, Brian, whined about it being so expensive. Well, this Weber has been used extensively over the last 35 years and is showing its age. Brian took some stuff to the dump last year and found a Weber exactly like his that was in good shape, so he brought it home and cleaned it up. One of their children liked it and took it home, leaving mom and dad the old one. Well, they thought they would like a gas grill, so they bought one and hated it, so they gave it to another child and went back to the old Weber. Yesterday, Marilee and I went out and bought Brian a new Weber for Father's Day for $299. So they are going to retire the old one, but keep it for camping trips Here are pictures of their old and new Webers...
[Image: OldAge-1.jpg]

[Image: OldAge-2.jpg]
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Hazards of Old Age by bjcotton (My sis Marilee bough...)
What a beauty! Is this a Costco purchase? Is it both gas and charcoal? (I see some hiding under there, I think) If I owned that grill, I wouldn't bother going camping, I'd stay home and cook. Does it have a sparate searing section?

Gee, I want an awful lot for $300.

What a generous gift. Brian is a lucky man.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Hazards of Old Age by pjcooks (What a beauty! Is th...)
It has a small propane bottle to start the charcoal. Those two metal things on the bottom are to fill with charcoal and then position where you want the flames on the grill. The box looking thing is to store your charcoal and the metal ring around the end is to hold your lid when you need to put it down. They bought it at Fred Meyer here in Oregon City. Ace Hardware also carries them and GI Joes too.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Hazards of Old Age by bjcotton (It has a small propa...)
LOL, PJ, it really is beautiful! Such a nice present, BJ.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.