Really Off The Subject Of Food!!
  Re: (...)
Because of all the reruns, I've been taping (or whatever it's called now...)HBO movies. We watched the greatest little one last night - just wonder if any of you have seen it. I think it was made ~'92, Frankie & Johnny with Michelle (I'm going to really scramble her last name) Phfiefferlslslslslsl (sorry) and Al Pacino. Love that man!

Anyway, it was such a fun little movie, we laughed and cried. We've been seeing a lot of surpise good movies doing this.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Really Off The Subject Of Food!! by cjs (Because of all the r...)
Haven't seen that version (though I guess I'm gonna have to now, I like both Michelle Pfieffer and Al Pacino), Jean, but I remember going to the Drive In when I was a kid and watching the original! That was in the mid sixties, I think, and it starred Elvis, Ellie Mae Clampett (what's her real name?) and Harry Morgan.

And for the record, I was around 8.

HBO, you say... been looking for a fun movie.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Really Off The Subject Of Food!! by pjcooks (Haven't seen that ve...)
oh my, had forgotten all about that one! I was probably in my very, very, very early 20s...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Really Off The Subject Of Food!! by cjs (oh my, had forgotten...)
  Re: Post deleted by sysadmin by (...)

(Insert NH accent here) Yup, Steve, they sure are!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Really REALLY Off The Subject Of Food!! by pjcooks ([img]/ubbthreads/ima...)
what the heII are you two talking about??????
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Really Off The Subject Of Food!! by cjs (Because of all the r...)
Don't remember that movie, but we just watched "The Big Night" over the weekend and REALLY enjoyed it. It was sort of quirky like "Sideways" and about good food.

Don't watch very many new releases in the theaters these days.