Chicken Parmesan Roulades
  Re: (...)
One of the dinners we prepared [the only one that received a 10 across the board] was Chicken Parmesan Rouladed with Tomato Concasse and I think it was Caesar Salad. I personally wasn't impressed with the salad, but the Tomato Concasse and the Chicken Roulades were superb. Here's the chicken recipe:

* Exported from MasterCook *

Chicken Parmesan Roulades

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Poultry

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
For the Roulades
Halve; Prepare and Roll with
4 6 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
salt and freshly ground black pepper
8 ounces fresh mozzarella -- cut in eight 2" long
Combine; Dredge and Brown in
1 cup Panko bread crumbs
1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 large egg -- beaten
1/2 cup olive oil
For the Sauce -- Saute in
2 tablespoons olive oil -- ADD
1 cup onions -- chopped
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
3 cups cherry tomatoes, pulsed in food processor
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
salt -- to taste
1 Serve with

Caesar Salad, makes 10 cups

Mash together
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic -- minced
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
Whisk in
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese -- grated
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
1 teaspoon anchovy paste
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup olive oil
Toss with
10 cups romaine lettuce -- chopped

Trim off and discard 1 inch of the tail end of the breast--it's too narrow to pound out. With the knife blade parallel to the cutting board, horizontally slice each breast in half lengthwise. Season, and roll each with a piece of mozzarella inside. If the cheese pieces are too big, the chicken won't enclose it properly.

Preheat oven to 400°F; coat a baking sheet with nonstick spray and set a cooling rack on top. Put the baking sheet in the oven.

Combine panko and parsley. Dredge roulades in flour, then dip into egg and coat with crumbs. Dredging the roulades in flour and dipping in egg help the crumbs stick. The minced parsley adds a little flavor and color. Heat oil in a sauté pan over medium-high; add roulades and brown on all sides, 4-5 minutes. Remove roulades from the pan, transfer to the baking sheet in the oven, and roast 10 minutes. Pour off all but 2 Tbs oil in the pan and return the skillet to medium-high heat.

Sauté onions and pepper flakes for the sauce until onions are soft, 2-3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and cook until slightly thickened, 8-10 minutes; season with basil and salt.

To serve, place roulade on top of Caesar salad, spoon tomatoe sauce on top, and sprinkle with Parmesan.

Caesar Salad: Mash garlic and salt together with the flat side of a knife blade until it forms a paste. The coarse grains of kosher salt help break the garlic down to a paste. Be sure to work on a stady cutting board. Whisk remaining ingredients together with the garlic paste until combined. Toss the romain with the dressing just before serving.

Source:
"CuisineAtHome, Jun '06"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

* Exported from MasterCook *

Tomato Concasse-Weeknight Menus

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Fruits-Vegetables

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
2 Tbs olive oil
1 Tb garlic -- minced
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1 can diced tomatoes (28 oz)
salt to taste

Saute garlic and pepper flakes in oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat for 1 minute.

Add tomatoes and simmer 10 minutes to evaporate some of the liquid. Season with salt.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Chicken Parmesan Roulades by bjcotton (One of the dinners w...)
Thanks Billy, I think this was pre me. Printed.
  Re: Chicken Parmesan Roulades by bjcotton (One of the dinners w...)
I'll have to give this one a try! Thanx for suggesting it.
  Re: Re: Chicken Parmesan Roulades by HomeCulinarian (I'll have to give th...)
Thanks Billy, this was going to be my next request, but you must have been reading my mind.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Chicken Parmesan Roulades by Mare749 (Thanks Billy, this w...)
Have you made it before Maryann? It's really nice. I think this time I'm going to pound out the chicken breast instead of cutting a pocket in it. I think it'll be easier, kind of like Chicken Kiev.

Billy
  Re: Re: Chicken Parmesan Roulades by bjcotton (Have you made it bef...)
No, I have never made this particular dish, but was curious about the recipe because it's been mentioned a few times before. I think the dinner party/review was before I joined the forum.

You mention pounding out the chicken breast instead of making a pocket. Wouldn't it be easier to do both, butterfly it, then pound it out? I would think it would give you more surface area to roll.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Chicken Parmesan Roulades by Mare749 (No, I have never mad...)
You made a pocket, Billy??? It didn't call for one - Maryanne, I found how the directions were written to work fine - half it horizontally and just pound slightly.

[Image: roulade.jpg]

We thot the salad was just wonderful and this is one of those dishes you want to get a little bit of every flavor in each taste!!!

You're right Billy, it is time to make this again!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Chicken Parmesan Roulades by cjs (You made a pocket, B...)
I made it not too long ago - again. We LOVE it! Salad, chicken and tomato! It is so good.

Erin
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Chicken Parmesan Roulades by esgunn (I made it not too lo...)
Maybe that was a different recipe...CRS ya know. I fed this one to Jack and Florence, the truck farmers, and they gave it a ten also. It was a wonderful meal.

I just reread the recipe, I remember now cutting them in half Well, geez, I can't remember everything!

Billy
  Re: Re: Chicken Parmesan Roulades by bjcotton (Maybe that was a dif...)
that's o.k., billy boy, go back to bed...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com