Roast Ginger Chicken....Again
  Re: (...)
Here are pictures of our supper tonight. The rice was 2 cups of uncooked, which I think equals 4 cups cooked. They just about licked the pan the sauce was so good.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v499/b...20Chicken/
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Roast Ginger Chicken....Again by bjcotton (Here are pictures of...)
Looks like you found a winner, Billy!

Looks good.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Roast Ginger Chicken....Again by pjcooks (Looks like you found...)
Looks delicious, Billy. I still didn't get around to making this yet, but it's definately on the list.

Don't you just love the way your rice comes out so perfect in the steamer? I use mine all the time.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Roast Ginger Chicken....Again by Mare749 (Looks delicious, Bil...)
Yes I do Maryann. My sis bought a rice cooker and the rice doesn't come out near as nice. Her husband commented on it tonight. I'm slowly furnishing their kitchen with my favorite things. Last night we had steamed veggies made with it and they gobbled them up. It seems we will be up here quite a lot of the time and if I'm going to cook, I'm going to have my stuff.

Billy
  Re: Roast Ginger Chicken....Again by bjcotton (Here are pictures of...)
Billy, Is that an Oster steamer/rice cooker? I LOVED mine. BUt my top split and the numbers rubbed off of the base unit. I have not replaced it. I am learing on an aroma rice cooker/steamer - but I really loved my oster steamer/rice cooker. I think eventually I will replace the steamer and still use the rice cooker!!!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Roast Ginger Chicken....Again by esgunn (Billy, Is that an O...)
Maryan, you slacker, I can't believe you haven't made this yet!!! You're usually right up front! get crackin' girl, or you'll be sorry.

Just used the last little package of the l/o chicken in the Curried Chix Salad w/mangoes and Cashews.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Roast Ginger Chicken....Again by cjs (Maryan, you slacker,...)
You're right Jean! I don't know what happened except that Ron was on vacation last week so I didn't cook as much as usual, and meals were last minute. He went back to work yesterday though, so I have the chicken thawing in the frig right now. More later.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Roast Ginger Chicken....Again by esgunn (Billy, Is that an O...)
Yes Erin it is an Oster. I have one at home in Roseburg and didn't like the rice cooked in Marilee's rice cooker kind of makes mushy rice, so I bought one for their house too.

Billy