Jean and Billy - do not read!
  Re: (...)
Still raining here, so I did a little research.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah is a term that originates from Gilbert and Sullivan's The Mikado. In this operetta, the haughty character Pooh-Bah holds numerous exalted offices, including Lord Chief Justice, Master of the Buckhounds, Lord High Auditor, Groom of the Back Stairs, and Lord High Everything Else. The name has come to be used as a mocking title for someone self-important or high-ranking and who exhibits an inflated self-regard.

In popular culture:

The expression "The Grand Pooh-Bah" was first introduced on the television show The Flintstones. Fred Flintstone and his friend Barney Rubble were members of the Loyal Order of Water Buffaloes Lodge No. 26. A high ranking elected position within this organization is Grand Poobah or Grand Imperial Poobah.

The character Howard Cunningham on the TV series Happy Days was a Grand Poobah of Leopard Lodge No. 462 in Milwaukee.

The Grand Poo-Bah is also a character in the Kingdom of Loathing online role playing game.

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Poobah"
  Re: Jean and Billy - do not read! by Ron (Still raining here, ...)
The "Grand Poobah" is also the head honcho of the Baja Ha Ha, a sailboat regatta from San Diego to Cabo San Lucas. (see Latitude 38) He is highly exalted! Just like BJ and CJS!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Jean and Billy - do not read! by Ron (Still raining here, ...)
Hey Ron, I think it's ok if mom reads this now she has advanced to "Carpal Tunnel".....Now what in the heck could that mean, besides the obvious. Anyways anything that says "Jean and Billy-do not read" has my attention
  Re: Re: Jean and Billy - do not read! by madmax (Hey Ron, I think it'...)
And theirs!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Jean and Billy - do not read! by Harborwitch ([img]/ubbthreads/ima...)
Loyal Order of Water Buffaloes Lodge No. 26.

I've always associated Grand Pooh Bah with a men's lodge / fraternity / group etc. I wondered how Jean got in???? Thanks, Ron!!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Jean and Billy - do not read! by Harborwitch ([img]/ubbthreads/ima...)
Of course
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Jean and Billy - do not read! by bjcotton (Of course [img]/ubbt...)
"title for someone self-important or high-ranking and who exhibits an inflated self-regard." - well, that certainly could apply to someone we all know and love, but moi?????

Who can prove I was ever titled that....now

Is it time for a sunshine dance from all of us to Ronny before he goes absolutely stir crazy?????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Jean and Billy - do not read! by cjs ("title for someone s...)
So when did you go "Carpal Tunnel?" We won't go into detail on what causes THAT! How do they pick these titles?

It is STILL raining, and there are fishies that need my attention.
  Re: Re: Jean and Billy - do not read! by Ron (So when did you go "...)
We're sitting here praying for rain!! They keep forcasting it, but after a few sprinkles, or a thunderstorm, it stops. I want / need a good full day of nice soft rain. I guess this is really off topic.

Have fun with the fishies, Ron!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Jean and Billy - do not read! by Lorraine (We're sitting here p...)
We finally got ours (too much actually, as mushrooms are starting to grow in our yard). Hopefully, a little of ours will go you way - we are now willing to share.