Recipes
  Re: (...)
Here is a list of the recipes that came with the Roast Ginger Chicken. I also have a whole bag of magazines I haven't had time to read, so will be trying to go through them within the next week. I'll post titles or any recipes I think might interest you.

Oven Braised Veal Shanks with Fennel
Shrimp & Scallops Creole
Tortellini Primavera with Pesto Cream Sauce
Crispy Potato Galette
Dutch Pancake with Caramelized Apples
Warm Chocolate Pudding Cake

Let me know if you want any of them, although none sounded as good as the Roast Ginger Chicken.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Recipes by bjcotton (Here is a list of th...)
I would love the tortellini recipe and warm chocolate pudding cake

Thank you Billy. And btw...thanks for always making me smile. I know it seems random... but wanted you to know how much you're appreciated.
  Re: Re: Recipes by DFen911 (I would love the tor...)
Here ya go Sweetie:

* Exported from MasterCook *

Tortellini Primavera with Pesto Cream Sauce

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : A List Pasta

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
18 ounces cheese tortellini, purchased or homemade
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 cup red bell pepper -- julienned
1 cup zucchini -- julienned
1 cup yellow squash -- julienned
1 bunch asparagus -- cut in 1" pieces
1/4 cup white wine
2 cups heavy cream
2 tablespoons pesto sauce, purchased or homemade
1/2 cup frozen peas
Parmesan cheese -- grated

Place a 6 quart saucepot of water on to boil. Once it comes to a boil, salt the water.

While water is boiling, place the 12" pan over medium heat and add 1 tsp of olive oil. Add the red pepper once the oil glides across the pan easily. Sauté the pepper for about 5 minutes until slightly tender. Add the zucchini and squash to the pan and sauté until the zucchini and squash become golden - another 5 minutes. Remove vegetables and reserve on a plate. Return pan to medium heat and add remaining 1 tsp of olive oil. Add asparagus to the pan and sauté until golden yet still slightly crisp, about 5 to 6 minutes. Remove asparagus and reserve with sautéed vegetables.

Add white wine to the pan and use a wooden spoon to scrape up any golden/brown bits that have been left on the bottom. Once wine has evaporated add the cream to the pan. At the same time add the tortellini to the boiling water and cook and drain according to package directions. Turn heat up to medium-high on the pan and allow cream to boil until it has reduced by about half and thickened in consistency. Whisk in the pesto and add the peas. Add the sautéed vegetables and hot tortellini. Stir well so that the pasta and vegetables are well coated with the sauce.

Top with grated Parmesan cheese to taste and serve immediately.

Source:
"Cuisinart"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Warm Chocolate Pudding Cake

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 12 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : A List Cakes-Pies-Cookies

unsalted butter -- for pan
1 2/3 cups granulated sugar -- divided
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup plus 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder -- divided
2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup milk
1/2 cup butter -- melted
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1 cup roughly chopped pecans
1 2/3 cups hot water
2 tablespoons coffee liqueur

Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly coat the Cuisinart Everyday Pan with butter [this is a 12" nonstick skillet-like pan.

Combine 1 cup of the granulated sugar in a large bowl with the flour, 1/4 cup cocoa, baking powder, espresso powder and salt. Add milk, melted butter and vanilla. Use a whisk or hand mixer on medium speed to blend until smooth. Spread batter into the prepared Cuisinart Everyday Pan.

Combine the remaining 2/3 cup granulated sugar with the brown sugar, remaining 1/3 cup cocoa, and pecans in a small bowl; sprinkle mixture evenly over batter. Combine hot water and liqueur; pour over batter. Do not stir.

Bake 40 minutes -- mixture will not test dry in center as with a traditional cake. Let stand 15 minutes; spoon into dessert dishes while warm, spooning pudding-like mixture from bottom of pan over top. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.

Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt, or softly whipped cream.

Source:
"Cuisinart"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Billy
  Re: Re: Recipes by bjcotton (Here ya go Sweetie:[...)
The pudding cake is almost identical to the one I've been using for almost 40 years now (cooking at my mother's knee, you know)

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Recipes by pjcooks (The pudding cake is ...)
40 years PJ? Let's see, that would make you....uh, uh

Billy
I would like the Roast Ginger Chicken Recipe

thanks. Marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: Recipes by mjkcooking (I would like the Roa...)
Here ya go MJ...several of our members have made this since I emailed them the recipe. You'll have to go back about three or four pages, but check out the "Thanks Billy" thread to read the comments.

Roast Chicken with Ginger

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : A List Poultry

3 1/2 pounds chicken pieces -- your favorite
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 green onions -- trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
1 piece fresh ginger -- about 1 inch, peeled, cut into 4 slices
2 cloves garlic -- peeled
2 tablespoons vegetable oil -- such as canola
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 tablespoon Asian sesame oil

Rinse and dry chicken. Sprinkle with salt. Arrange oven rack in center of oven and preheat oven to 375°F.

Chop green onions, garlic, and ginger finely (for ease this may be done in your food processor).

Heat oil in a 12" non-stick pan over medium heat. When hot, add the green onion mixture and stir-fry for 60 seconds. Add soy sauce and sugar. Bring to a boil. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the sesame oil. Add chicken pieces to the pan in a single layer, turn to coat thoroughly, and allow to marinate in the sauce for 20 minutes (no longer). Turn chicken skin side down to roast.

Place the pan in the center of the oven and roast 20 minutes. Increase oven temperature to 450°F. Turn chicken so that it is skin side up and cook until browned, about 15 minutes. Serve hot. Leftovers can be used to make chicken salad or added to chicken soup.

Source:
"Cuisinart"

Billy
Thank you Billy!
  Re: Re: Recipes by DFen911 (Thank you Billy! [im...)
Hey, any time! If I've got it, it's yours for the asking. Many of the recipes I have on hand, 2000+, I haven't tried, but have them on the "to do" list...if I live that long

Billy
  Re: Re: Recipes by bjcotton (Hey, any time! If I...)
My Roast Ginger Chicken is in the oven as we speak.

Billy