Thanks, Billy!!
  Re: (...)
Billy emailed this recipe yesterday (?) and it just sounded as tho it ought to be made right away - and it's a keeper!! So easy to put together and just forget while it does its own thing. Leftovers will certainly go a long way - first an Asian chicken salad, then who knows. Serves 4 is a real misnomer - 3 1/2 lbs. of chicken for 4 people? I don't think so, when's the last time anyone has eaten 14 oz. of chicken at one sitting... I changed it to 10, so it worked out to 8 points.

[Image: GINGERCHICKEN.jpg]

Roast Chicken with Ginger

Serving Size : 4 (let's make that 10!)

3 1/2 pounds chicken pieces -- your favorite
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 green onions, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
1 piece fresh ginger, about 1 inch, peeled, cut into 4 slices
2 cloves garlic -- peeled
2 tablespoons vegetable oil, such as canola
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 tablespoon Asian sesame oil

Rinse and dry chicken. Sprinkle with salt. Arrange oven rack in center of oven and preheat oven to 375°F.

Chop green onions, garlic, and ginger finely (for ease this may be done in your food processor).

Heat oil in a 12" non-stick pan over medium heat. When hot, add the green onion mixture and stir-fry for 60 seconds. Add soy sauce and sugar. Bring to a boil. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the sesame oil. Add chicken pieces to the pan in a single layer, turn to coat thoroughly, and allow to marinate in the sauce for 20 minutes (no longer). Turn chicken skin side down to roast.

Place the pan in the center of the oven and roast 20 minutes. Increase oven temperature to 450°F. Turn chicken so that it is skin side up and cook until browned, about 15 minutes. Serve hot. Leftovers can be used to make chicken salad or added to chicken soup.

Source:
"Cuisinart"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

NOTES : Serve with freshly cooked rice or rice noodles
---

and the house smelled so good while the chix was roasting! Thanks again, Billy!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thanks, Billy!! by cjs (Billy emailed this r...)
That looks excellent, Jean! We did the coke-brined chicken yesterday, but this one will be next! Thanks for the recipe, Billy!

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thanks, Billy!! by Mare749 (That looks excellent...)
I read that recipe [which was included in the box with my new skillet] and just started drooling. I'm fixing it this weekend for sure. That looks just like I imagined it only prettier...You are a doll Jean.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Thanks, Billy!! by bjcotton (I read that recipe [...)
I've often made something similar, as that flavour combination is one of my favourites. Never had a proper recipe until now!! Thanks, Billy.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
Supper tonight, I'm even going to NOT make mashed, will cook rice instead

Thanks for the review, Jean, and the recipe, Billy.

PJ
PJ
Don'tcha just hate people who have finally learned how to post pics and keep practicing?

Hey, Mikey liked it! (The Picky One's name really is Mike)

Course, we called it Teriyaki Chicken.
[Image: DSCN0461.jpg]

I can't make it any smaller. I used boneless thighs as he's a leg man

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Thanks, Billy!! by pjcooks (Don'tcha just hate p...)
Good job PJ! Mikey liked it huh? That's a recommendation in itself
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Thanks, Billy!! by bjcotton (Good job PJ! Mikey ...)
Mare what did you think of the coke brine chicken?
  Re: Re: Thanks, Billy!! by DFen911 (Mare what did you th...)
We thought it was good Denise, but Ron accidentally overcooked it, so we couldn't really enjoy it as much as we would have. I'm not at all good at grilling, so I always let him do it because he is usually very good with it. We both agreed that we need to try this again.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Thanks, Billy!! by cjs (Billy emailed this r...)
Our friend Jerry came over for dinner last night and we fixed this. I used boneless skinless breasts (so it wasn't as pretty), and reduced the soy sauce (added mirin) and the oils a bit for him. As sides we served:

Quinoa and wild rice pilaf

½ c wild rice prepared according to package instructions – very soft
1 c quinoa prepared according to package instructions

2 scallions sliced on the bias
1 clove garlic finely chopped or grated
1 tsp ginger grated or finely chopped
¼ c pistachios – coarsely chopped – I rubbed all the external salt I could off
¼ c dried cranberries coarsely chopped
½ tbs sesame oil
dash Chinese 5 spice powder
Salt (optional) and freshly ground pepper to taste

Combine wild rice and quinoa in a bowl. Add scallions, garlic, ginger, pistachios, cranberries, oil, 5 spice powder and salt and pepper. Combine well and cover with plastic wrap – warm in microwave when chicken is ready.

Tequila Lime Carrots

1 1lb bag “baby” carrots
½ cup water
dash salt (or to taste)
½ c tequila lime syrup
1 scallion sliced thinly on bias
3 tbs chopped cilantro

Cook carrots until just barely tender in salted water. Drain and add syrup – continue to cook until carrots are tender and syrup is reduced. Add scallion and cilantro just before serving.

Tequila Lime Syrup

3/4 c Dr. Swammi & Bonedaddy's Margarita mix (or a mix of fresh lemon, lime, and orange juice).
1/2 c. tequila
1/4 c. tripe sec
1 c. sugar or splenda

Bring all to a boil and cook until dissolved and beginning to thicken. Remove from stove and allow to cool, store in fridge.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!