Recipe Review-Scallop Piccata
  Re: (...)
Hello everyone,
I made Scallop Piccata this evening for dinner. Great dish. Probably the best scallops I ever had. I did not use heavy cream ...fat free half and half instead and I did not use butter at all ...added a little bit of wondra to thicken. Other than that pretty much stayed with the recipe. Highly recommended.

P.S...the recipe is from pasta book.
  Re: Recipe Review-Scallop Piccata by piano226 (Hello everyone,[br]I...)
Hi, Piano, thanks for the review. I think I made this too, when the book first came out, or else I really really planned to and didn't get to it.

Did you use bay or sea scallops, and were they dry? I always pay the extra for dry because they're sooo much better. Now I gotta go find my book.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Recipe Review-Scallop Piccata by pjcooks (Hi, Piano, thanks fo...)
That one has been dog-eared in my book from day one, but have't made it yet. good, huh???
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Recipe Review-Scallop Piccata by pjcooks (Hi, Piano, thanks fo...)
Hi,

I am not sure what kind of scallops they were. We have areas here where it is pretty much 100 percent asian and I shop at their supermarkets.I did not have those big huge scallops they were small but really tender and delicious.
  Re: Re: Recipe Review-Scallop Piccata by piano226 (Hi,[br][br]I am not ...)
I used to buy scallops fairly often when I lived in CA. If they were small and sweet they were probably bay scallops, not sea scallops.

I had never heard of "dry" scallops, so I Googled. and per Wegman's:

"Puzzled by the Concept of Dry Scallops? To understand dry scallops, you need to know that it is common practice in the United States to produce "25% water-added" sea scallops by soaking them in water containing sodium tripolyphosphate, which makes the scallops retain water. Typically these cost less than the dry variety. To be considered dry, the moisture content of scallops needs to be less than 80%."