He's Home :D
  Re: (...)
My nephew, Aaron, who was stationed in Afghanistan for the last many months arrived home here in Portland today. How wonderful it is to see and hug him. I told him I'd mentioned him to you and you had been praying for him. He said to tell you thank you so much, you'd probably saved his life a couple of times. Here's his picture;

[Image: Aaron-2.jpg]
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: He's Home :D by bjcotton (My nephew, Aaron, wh...)
Welcome home, Aaron!

Billy, is he home "for good" or is this just leave?

My nephew is...somewhere in the Middle East. He calls his mother once a week for 2 minutes, but can't receive mail, packages, etc. because what he is doing is so secret that nobody knows his location. We're all just hoping that he makes it home for his wedding in late June.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: He's Home :D by foodfiend (Welcome home, Aaron!...)
Billy, give your nephew a big hug from me too! And please thank him for what he does to serve our country and keep us safe.

Vicci, I hope your nephew arrives back home safe and sound. What a wonderful celebration his wedding day will be.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: He's Home :D by Mare749 (Billy, give your nep...)
Such wonderful news! I can't imagine how happy your whole family is right now.

Give him my thanks, too. We appreciate all the soldiers do for us.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
Oh, Billy, it's great he's home!! An absolute big thanks from me to him, if you don't mind. He's quite handsome, isn't he? You must be thrilled having him home.

PJ

Vicci, you must be a nervous wreck worrying. My thanks to him as well, the strength and bravery of our enlisted continues to amaze me.

I hate to interject politics in this forum - I'm grateful Aaron came home intact, and mourn those who didn't.
  Re: Hug Him Hard for me by lxxf (I hate to interject ...)
I am glad he is home too. I wish they were all home. If it was one of my sons I would dig a hole in the kitchen floor and hide them. I know, I know, they have to go.
  Re: Hug Him Hard for me by lxxf (I hate to interject ...)
He is a sweet loving young man and we are all so very grateful here's home.

He has to return to Colorado Springs on Thursday. His mother and father flew down last week to spend a few days with him, then he came up here to see his friends and family. I told him to go on out and see his friends, he didn't need to spend all his time with us old fogies, but he said us old fogies were the reason he came home.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Hug Him Hard for me by bjcotton (He is a sweet loving...)
Quote:

I told him to go on out and see his friends, he didn't need to spend all his time with us old fogies, but he said us old fogies were the reason he came home.

How very nice...
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
What a handsome young man. God bless his service to country and God bless his family.