Speaking of Lemons.......
  Re: (...)
we had the Chicken with Preserved Lemons for dinner. It was ten days early for my lemons according to the Paula Wolfert recipe, but fine according to the [Email]C@H[/Email] recipe. It was very tasty! The flavors of the spices were really good together. And the preserved lemons were wonderful!! We will definitely do this again. Now I'm looking for other recipes to use my preserved lemons in.
For anyone who hasn't preserved lemons yet, you're missing out. These little gems could be rinsed, and chopped or matchsticked and add brightness to many kinds of foods. I'm thinking they would be a nice addition to most Mediterean dishes too.
Preserved Lemons 8.5 Yums
LCBO Chicken recipe 8 Yums
btw, served this over couscous
Here's the LCBO recipe in case you're interested:

CHICKEN WITH PRESERVED LEMONS
Preserved lemons are the specialty of North African cuisine. The lemons are cured with
salt and develop a distinctive pickled taste and soft texture. You can buy them in gourmet
stores or Middle Eastern groceries where they are often available loose, like olives. They
are easy to make, but must be made 30 days in advance. Moroccan cooking authority
Paula Wolfert has a recipe for them in her cookbook, Couscous and Other Good Food
from Morocco. This dish can be made ahead and reheated.

1 free-range chicken about 4 lbs (1.8 kg), cut into 8 pieces
Salt and freshly ground pepper
2 tbsp (25 mL) butter
2 tbsp (25 mL) olive oil
2 medium onions, finely diced
3 garlic cloves, finely diced
1 tsp (5 mL) paprika
1 tsp (5 mL) ground ginger
½ tsp (2 mL) saffron stamens
¼ cup (50 mL) chopped parsley
¼ cup (50 mL) chopped coriander
1 preserved lemon
1 cup (250 mL) green olives
½ cup (125 mL) freshly squeezed lemon juice
1. Pat dry and season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat the butter and oil in a large
frying pan. Add the chicken, skin-side down, and cook until the skin is browned. Do not
turn. Once browned, lower the heat, add onion and garlic and stir to mix. Blend all the
spices and saffron with 1½ cups (375 mL) of water. Add to the chicken, with half the
chopped parsley and coriander, then bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook
the chicken uncovered for 40 minutes, turning the pieces from time to time.

2. While chicken is cooking, cut the preserved lemon in half, remove the pulp and discard.
Cut the skin into matchstick-sized pieces. Smash the olives with the flat side of the blade
of a knife to remove the pits. Add the lemon and olives to chicken with the lemon juice.
Continue to cook until the chicken is very tender, about another 10 minutes. Sprinkle with
the remaining chopped herbs, check seasoning (the preserved lemons vary in saltiness) and
serve with steamed couscous.
Serves 4

Re: Speaking of Lemons....... by farnfam (we had the Chicken w...)
Mmmmm, I'll have to get out the mag and check out the preserved lemon recipe. In fact, I'll go through all my magazines because I could easily change this into a heart friendly dinner.

I don't associate C@H, Bon Appetit or Gourmet with light cooking.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Speaking of Lemons....... by farnfam (we had the Chicken w...)
oh cis, that sounds wonderful - another mission!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com