Bad Baking Biorhythms Day...
  Re: (...)
I hate it when I feel as though I should rewind the day back to a certain point, then do something else.

I tried a new bread recipe. I didn't listen to my inner voice, rather kept thinking that the recipe said to allow it to rise for 60-90 minutes and it was only 50 minutes. I waited for 60. Yep, it rose too long and fell while in the oven. I really like it when my baked things look good, and this doesn't. The sandwich buns, same. Dud.

I accidentally knocked the food processor bowl, holding the mashed bananas for the chocolate banana bread, off the counter. Quite the mess.

I forgot to soften butter and, while using my veggie peeler to slice strips off of a frozen stick, I cut my thumb pretty deeply.

My muffins wouldn't bake. By the time they were done in the center, the outsides were very brown.

The pizza crust was sticky as he** and once I got it rolled out on the peel, it stuck and wouldn't transfer to the grill and rolled over itself.

The unifying element in all of this-- they were ALL new recipes. I have a T&T bread recipe, banana bread recipe, pizza dough recipe. Yet I just had to experiment! Amd I feel as though I wasted the day. Grrr.

Sorry, all, I just felt the need to VENT!!!

Thanks for listening...
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Bad Baking Biorhythms Day... by foodfiend (I hate it when I fee...)
LOL FF, I think we all have those days sometimes. I guess those days should be call FiendFood days.
Oh yes, Vicci, I have had days like that! I'm with Dale, from now on, those days will will be declared FiendFood Days!!!

PJ
PJ
Gee, I just love these Cyber Hugs!!!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
  Re: Re: Bad Baking Biorhythms Day... by foodfiend (Gee, I just [b]love[...)
That reminds me of the day I was warming a big bowl of tomato sauce in the microwave, took it out, turned around and tripped over the dog...doncha just hate it when that happens. I was going to make two banana cakes today and had let the bananas get just right. Came in and my BIL had thrown them away...he NEVER throws anything away even if it's turned green.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Bad Baking Biorhythms Day... by foodfiend (Gee, I just [b]love[...)
And Vicci, just think - that could have been a day of finding absolutely great new recipes!!! Just never know how thing will work out - but, I'm with you, even with my favorites, I still have to try new methods/recipes all the time.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Bad Baking Biorhythms Day... by cjs (And Vicci, just thin...)
Oh yes, new recipes must be tried even it you already have a favorite! I'm just sorry that all the kitchen gremlins attacked you on one day. *giggling* You gave us a great visual.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
Poor Vicci! I hate baking days like that...I hate the waste of time as well as ingredients! Here's hoping you have better cooking-karma tomorrow. :-) Were you trying to make the farmhouse bread, by any chance? I just took a loaf out of the oven....haven't cut into it yet.
-jenni

"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well." Virginia Woolf
  Re: Re: Bad Baking Biorhythms Day... by jenni (Poor Vicci! I hate b...)
One of my fav. biscuits (cookies) when I was young was one my mother made, called flops. They were always flops, and she never changed the recipe.
  Re: Re: Bad Baking Biorhythms Day... by vannin (One of my fav. biscu...)
Quote:

One of my fav. biscuits (cookies) when I was young was one my mother made, called flops. They were always flops, and she never changed the recipe.

But they must have been really good flops!

Jenni- how did you know? It was that darn farmhouse bread! I see you wrote this reply before you cut into your loaf and found that bubble-from-outer-space running through it. I just sent you a message detailing my lovely experience. Shall we get together to burn the recipe???

And the karma carried into today. I didn't trust myself to bake, but I've been stumbling, bumping into doorframes, dropping and spilling, etc. I need an antidote! Chocolate, perhaps?
Vicci

my cooking adventures