Dessert - Just Had To Make.......
  Re: (...)
all my talk this week about being more healthy....darn neighbor brot over more gorgeous rhubarb and what was a person to do????

I don't think I'll ever combine rhubarb and strawberry again!!! This turned out so wonderful -

Rhubarb & Raspberry Crisp

1 1/2- 2 lbs. rhubarb, cut into 1" pcs. (about 4 cups)
2/3 c. granulated sugar
1/4 c. flour
1 1/2 c. fresh or frozen raspberries (I used frozen from last summer)
Crumb topping:
1 c. a.p. flour
1/2 c. dark brown sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
8 T. (one stick) cold butter, cut in small pieces
1/2 c. rolled oats
1/4 c. chopped toasted walnuts

Preheat oven to 350 F.
In a 2-qt. baking dish, combine the rhubarb, sugar and flour. Set aside while making the topping.

Combine the flour, b. sugar and cinnamon. Using a fork, or your fingers, blend the butter into the flour mixture until you have large crumbs. Add the oats and nuts; combine well.

Sprinkle the raspberries over the rhubarb mixture and top with the crumb mixture.

Bake for 45-55 minutes or until sticking a knife into the rhubarb shows it's tender.

Man, is this a good combination!!! The neighbors liked it also... now back to healthy...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Dessert - Just Had To Make....... by cjs ([img]/ubbthreads/ima...)
This sounds wonderful, Jean! We all need a treat now and then. This is one of my favorite types of dessert. Wish I had a neighbor to give me fresh rhubarb. My mom used to cut it up and simmer it with some sugar, then chill it. We ate it just like applesauce. Yum!

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Dessert - Just Had To Make....... by Mare749 (This sounds wonderfu...)
I know where y'all could get some...two of my sisters have more than they can ever use...want their addresses?
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Dessert - Just Had To Make....... by cjs ([img]/ubbthreads/ima...)
Sounds wonderful! I have rheubarb in the garden and raspberries frozen from last year! Yum! Thanks for sharing. And it is not that bad - you get a fruit and a vegi in your serving!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Dessert - Just Had To Make....... by esgunn (Sounds wonderful! ...)
Jean, my little sis makes the raspberry and rhubarb crisp, but she uses flavored jello gelatin or the strawberry jello. I bet the real berries tasted so much better.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Dessert - Just Had To Make....... by bjcotton (Jean, my little sis ...)
I would think so too, Billy.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com