Need Any Bay Leaves?
  Re: (...)
Here is a picture of my little bay tree. As you can see, it has enough leaves to supply almost the whole town with some...

[Image: BayTree-2.jpg]
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Need Any Bay Leaves? by bjcotton (Here is a picture of...)
I sould take a pic of my BAY TREE!!!! It is huge!!!! I started it as a twig from a nursery about four years ago----it has taken off and become a MAJOR compliment to my herb garden---daughter Wendy always takes sprigs back when she visits and now she has her own BAY TREE!!!!! Indestructible!!! This supplies the restaurant that she is the PR person for--- South African connection!!!!

GREAT image Billy----mine is not in a pot but she is beautiful!!! Sure wish I could find a photographer---tee-hee!!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Need Any Bay Leaves? by bjcotton (Here is a picture of...)
Very nice, Billy! Is that your puppy in the picture too?

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Need Any Bay Leaves? by Mare749 (Very nice, Billy! I...)
Yes, that's my Buddy, as sweet a companion as you could ever want.

I put this one in a pot Roxanne, because I had read they get over 40 feet tall. This one is about 4 years old. Jean got me started...I say that a lot don't I?

Billy
  Re: Re: Need Any Bay Leaves? by bjcotton (Yes, that's my Buddy...)
Don't tease like that Billy, just send me some ok
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Need Any Bay Leaves? by farnfam (Don't tease like tha...)
What a gorgeous little tree Billy. You are certainly set up there. I gave my sister a bay tree and she still has it, but it is puny, doesn't want to grow.
  Re: Re: Need Any Bay Leaves? by vannin (What a gorgeous litt...)
I just put mine in the 2 cubic feet planter and filled it with a good potting soil and you see what happened.

Billy
  Re: Re: Need Any Bay Leaves? by bjcotton (I just put mine in t...)
I finally topped mine a couple weeks ago - it was getting too tall. our trees could supply whole towns, you're right Billy!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com