Starbucks
  Re: (...)
I sent out an email to most of you yesterday that was untrue. I would like to apologize for that...sorry!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Starbucks by bjcotton (I sent out an email ...)
AND I FORWARDED!!!! UGH!!!!

Apology accepted!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Starbucks by Roxanne 21 (AND I FORWARDED!!!! ...)
Oh my gosh, Billy, I am so embarrassed!!! And so sorry!!!
I'll be more careful what I forward next time. How did you find out that was not true?

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Starbucks by Mare749 (Oh my gosh, Billy, I...)
A couple of our members checked with snopes.com and they said it was a false accusation. Oh well, we can't be right all the time. If that's the worst mistake we make, we'll be okay

Billy
  Re: Re: Starbucks by bjcotton (A couple of our memb...)
And they were right, Billy. I checked on hoaxbusters and it's listed there as well. Somebody must have had a bone to pick with Starbucks to even start something like that.

Maryann
Maryann

Re: Re: Starbucks by Mare749 (And they were right,...)
???? guess I'd better go check my emails....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Starbucks by cjs (???? guess I'd bette...)
I had to go look it up, too

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Starbucks by pjcooks (I had to go look it ...)
Lol I was reading that email while this page was loading. As I too was checking Snopes first I saw this thread.

My corporate job deals with this type of stuff every day. I have been part of the "world wide web" as it was called back in 1990 when we had dial up and IRC/IRQ bulletin boards.

These types of stories were prevelant then. I learned long ago..when in doubt don't send out. Then they came up with bulletin boards called snopes.com and truthorfiction.com. So when in doubt check those sites before you send off the emails.

While I'm on a tangent here..want to help control spam? when you send an email to several people, never put their email addresses in the To or CC line. Always put yourself in the To line and everyone else in the BCC line. This hides the email addresses of everyone you sending it to.

How does this work? You send an email to me and 25 others and lump everyone into the To line. John Doe who was put into that To line has a virus and/or spyware on his pc. That virus/spyware then grabs all the emails in the To line and starts sending stuff out to them. But if you put yourself in the To line and everyone else in the BCC line the virus/spyware can't see them and thus cannot populate that way.

Just a bit of FYI
  Re: Re: Starbucks by DFen911 (Lol I was reading th...)
Thanks Denise, for sharing great advice.

Maryann
Maryann

Re: Re: Starbucks by Mare749 (Thanks Denise, for s...)
Thanks Denise. I usually put just one person in the To: line and the rest in the Bcc. I'll take your advice and put myself in the To: line from now on.

Billy