Palm Treo and Mastercook
  Re: (...)
Ok so dear hubby bought me a Palm Treo 700p. I was so excited as this will help me keep very organized. One of the reasons I wanted it was I saw in Mastercook that you could export recipes to your PDA device and it mentions Palm's.

So I took a recipe, clicked export and it said "1 recipe successfully exported" and it tells you that if you have a Palm device it will be copied over the next time you sync.

Ok I sync'd. But I cannot find anywhere where it put the recipe file.

Anyone else do with this with a Palm device?
  Re: Palm Treo and Mastercook by DFen911 (Ok so dear hubby bou...)
I think I have it figured out..lol didn't know I had to install software on my Palm

Keep your fingers crossed
  Re: Re: Palm Treo and Mastercook by DFen911 (I think I have it fi...)
Ok I thought I had it.

I installed the software to my Palm and now have an icon.

I export again and it says successful, but when I open Master cook via the Palm there is nothing under my recipes.

Matter of fact if I click anything it locks the Palm up

Grrr
  Re: Re: Palm Treo and Mastercook by DFen911 (Ok I thought I had i...)
Ain't modern marvels great, Denise????

I have a new phone that takes pictures...I've taken probably 20 and can't figure out how to retrieve them either!!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Palm Treo and Mastercook by DFen911 (Ok so dear hubby bou...)
It's been reported on Yahoo's MasterCook Discussion group that MC does not work on the Palm Treo 700p.

Here's some info I copied from the group that may be helpful:

The MC PDA function was designed to work with the OS stated on the box. For Palm, that's Palm OS 3.5 or 4.x. Palm made changes in their later-version OS, and MC won't work with those later systems. Although Palm has issued updates to their OS, they haven't addressed whatever it is that prevents MC's functioning on it.

However, you don't have to use MC's PDA function to transfer recipes or shopping lists. You can export the recipes in Text Only (*.txt) format and transfer that export file. Or use Edit > Copy Recipe, then Edit > Paste to copy to a text fie, then transfer the text file as you would any other text file. MC 8 and 9 have a handy function on Shopping List where you can copy the whole list as text (see the Edit menu).

An even slicker way to do the transfer is to use a free pdf driver like CutePDF. Set your recipes up just as though you were going to print them, but choose the pdf driver instead of your real printer to "print" to a pdf file. Transfer that pdf file, then use the free Adobe reader for PDA's to read on your PDA. Works the same way for "printing" a shopping list. This will give you a prettier result, and might be easier to read.
  Re: Re: Palm Treo and Mastercook by Sage (It's been reported o...)
Way to go Sage! That's a true CuisineAtHome forum thing to do We have all shared tips and things to help each other out.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
Wow Sage thank you so much! Here I thought all hope was lost and a ray of light broke through the clouds

Woot!
O.K. sage, my turn!! How do I get my pictures????

Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Palm Treo and Mastercook by cjs (O.K. sage, my turn!!...)
  Re: Post deleted by sysadmin by (...)
Good answer Steve!

What kind of camera is it Jean?
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy