Strawberry Mojitos!
  Re: (...)
Today I bought more fresh strawberries so I can make these again. We had them on Cinco de Mayo and they were sooooo good. This is my very own recipe... took a lot of taste-testing, but, darn it, I was committed

Strawberry Mojitos
For 4 servings (or 2, depending on how much you like these)

Place 10 grams fresh mint leaves, 1/3 cup sugar, ¾ cup fresh lime juice in a small pitcher. Mash this mixture to release the mint flavor and dissolve the sugar (I use a wooden utensil that was meant to be a meat-tenderizer, but I also use the end of a one-piece rolling pin or the handle of a thick wooden spoon).

Add 6 ounces chopped strawberries and mash until berries are, well, mashed. Stir in ½ cup good-quality white rum, then add ¾ cup club soda.

Serve over ice (yes, all of the mashed stuff goes in the glass, too) with extra mint to garnish. A short straw helps to drink these easily (perhaps too easily!). Also have some spoons on hand to eat the mashed strawberry-rum-mint mixture (it's pretty good, too!).

I have to admit that I took a really good photo of this drink, but I don't think that photos can be posted on this board, right? I see an "image" option below, but can't figure out how to activate it. Anyway, the photo is on my blog, down at the bottom of my May 6th post.

The glasses are heavy pressed glass with a dragonfly design that I got for my birthday a couple of weeks ago and I love them. Six tumblers and six wineglasses-- I'm ready for summer entertaining!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Strawberry Mojitos! by foodfiend (Today I bought more ...)
What time can I come over for a drink, Vicci? Sounds really refreshing.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Strawberry Mojitos! by pjcooks (What time can I come...)
I'm only 2 hours away, I need to make a field trip real soon! Very nice, Vicci! Thank you for the recipe, I love strawberry anything.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Strawberry Mojitos! by Mare749 (I'm only 2 hours awa...)
PJ & Maryann, the bar is always open!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Strawberry Mojitos! by foodfiend (PJ & Maryann, the ba...)
a new addition to summertime fare - thanks!! sound good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Strawberry Mojitos! by cjs (a new addition to su...)
That really does sound refreshing!
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.