Top Notch Salmon Cakes Review
  Re: (...)
Issue 62 page 34

I made this recipe last night and all I can say is that this was a terrific recipe. I will be happy to post if anyone wishes or needs it.

The cakes were light and tasty with the herbs and spices. I subbed flat leaf parsley for the cilantro (not a big fan)
otherwise I followed the recipe as written.

Nice easy meal if you like salmon----and only 292 calories per two cakes!!!

Can't wait for DH to return so that we can have these together--he will like this one!!!

I had a nice green salad on the side---that's all---enough!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Top Notch Salmon Cakes Review by Roxanne 21 (Issue 62 page 34[br]...)
They are "on the agenda" for me. Issue 63 is already filed, but Issue 62 is still on my desk. I'll give it a much-deserved rest after the Salmon Cakes and the Turkey Roulade. Issue 62 was my all-time favorite.
  Re: Re: Top Notch Salmon Cakes Review by Ron (They are "on the age...)
"Issue 62 was my all-time favorite. " - darn, it's got to be around here somewhere!!!!

Roxanne, would you please post the recipe, this is the only one I could find "over there"!!

Asian Salad with Salmon Cakes
(Cuisine at home, April 2003, Issue 38, p. 11)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Top Notch Salmon Cakes Review by Ron (They are "on the age...)
I haven't received 61 or 63 yet---figure that one out!!!

I think my all time favorite issue was #42. Beef, pork and seafood dishes that I serve for "special" guests/events!!! Or just when I feel like doing something extra special for DH!! The Wellingtons are wonderful and the seafood is right up there!!

I will try those roulades from #62 with chicken---no turkey breasts here----UGH!!! Good issue too.
  Re: Re: Top Notch Salmon Cakes Review by cjs ("Issue 62 was my all...)
Here ya go!!!

Top Notch Salmon Cakes

Issue 62 Page 34

Makes 8 cakes
Total time: 1 hour

1 cup panko bread crumbs
½ cup celery, chopped
1/3 cup chopped cilantro
¼ cup chopped onion
1 egg white
1 TBS Sriracha or hot sauce
1 TBS fresh lemon juice
1 tsp kosher salt
½ tsp ground black pepper
1 pound fresh salmon, skinless, diced
2 TBS vegetable oil

Process the first 9 ingredients in a food processor until the vegetables are minced.
Combine the salmon with the vegetable mixture, then form it into 8 cakes on a parchment lined baking sheet using a 1/3 cup measure. Lightly press into 1” patties, cover and chill for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Heat oil in an ovenproof sauté pan over medium high heat. Add cakes and fry for 2 minutes per side, or until browned. Transfer the pan to the oven to cook cakes through, 2-4 minutes.

I also made those from Issue 38 and although they were OKAY not a recipe I would make again.

These are great though--binded well, cooked with no problem with sticking and extremely moist, tender and tasty. Easy too!!
I will do these again.
  Re: Re: Top Notch Salmon Cakes Review by Roxanne 21 (Here ya go!!![br][br...)
thank you ma'am!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Top Notch Salmon Cakes Review by Roxanne 21 (Here ya go!!![br][br...)

Thanks for posting this recipe! We love salmon cakes, especially when made from fresh salmon (versus the canned variety).
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Top Notch Salmon Cakes Review by foodfiend ([br]Thanks for posti...)
I had never had a salmon cake until I made Jean's recipe which we love. I'll give this recipe a shot. We haven't had them in awhile.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.