Poor Lorraine!!!
  Re: (...)
She must have really worked her little hiennie off Easter - not a peep from her.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Poor Lorraine!!! by cjs (She must have reall...)
I was waiting for Lorraine to tell us about Easter, figured she needed some time to sleep it off!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Poor Lorraine!!! by pjcooks (I was waiting for Lo...)
She doesn't need any rest until she gives me the recipe for the Flourless Chocolate Cake. I'm supposed to make it Saturday. We got a recipe out of the Oregonian, but I just know the one she uses is better
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Poor Lorraine!!! by bjcotton (She doesn't need any...)
I survived Easter, barely. It's kind of one big blur. In at 6:30am, prep, set up the buffet line ( wow, those people can eat!!!), tear it down after each seating, re-plenish again. Put everything away, prep for Monday, clean the kitchen. We were there till about 9:30 at night. I kept working and cleaning, didn't dare sit down, knowing I'd never be able to get again. LOL When we got home, I actually fell asleep mid sentence with a piece of bread in my hand! But, a glass of wine revived me!!!

Billy, I emailed you the recipe. If anyone wants it, Billy can post it!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Poor Lorraine!!! by bjcotton (She doesn't need any...)
Would you mind posting it, Billy? I've got a great one that's my signature cake, and I'm wondering if they are similar, I've tried others that just don't have the same deep flavor.

But of course you don't mind, aren't you the typing guru?

Thanks so much, Pooh-Bah.

PJ

Lorraine, that little bit of wine can revive you, can't it? I'm getting way too used to my little glass of wine and sitting here at the computer for 30 min when I get home from work. Glad to hear you're making it through, sure is hard work!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Poor Lorraine!!! by pjcooks (Would you mind posti...)
Yes, Billyj sweets, please post it. And PJ if your's is different with deeper flavor,then please post yours too. Our dear friend Tammy will be happy too, I'll bet.
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Poor Lorraine!!! by farnfam (Yes, Billyj sweets, ...)
I thought about making y'all beg for it, but that wouldn't be nice Here it is:

* Exported from MasterCook *

Flourless Chocolate Cake Lorraine

Recipe By :Rec's from Lorraine
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : A List Cakes-Pies-Cookies

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
10 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate -- chopped
1 1/4 cups unsalted ( I used salted) butter -- diced)
10 large egg yolks
1/2 cup plus 6 tablespoons sugar
2 tsps vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
9 large egg whites

Position rack in centre of oven and preheat to 350F. Butter a 10 inch round springform pan with 2 3/4 inch sides,. Line the bottom with parchment paper round. Place chocolate and butter in medium metal bowl. Set bowl over saucepan of simmering water, stir until mixture is smooth and melted. Remove bowl from over water, cool to lukewarm, about 10 minutes.

Using electric mixer, beat egg yolks and 1/2 cup of sugar in large bowl until very thick and pale yellow in color, about 5 minutes. Beat in vanilla and salt. Gently fold chocolate mixture into yolk mixture. Using dry, clean beaters, beat egg whites and remaining 6 Tbsp sugar in another large bowl until peaks form. Fold 1/3 of beaten whites into chocolate mixture.

Fold in remaining whites in 2 additions. Transfer batter to prepared pan.

Bake cake until tester inserted into centre comes out with moist crumbs attached, about 45 minutes. (I had to cook mine about 55 minutes, but I don't think it really matters). Cake will be puffed and souffle like while baking. Cool cake in pan on rack for 15 minutes. Cake will fall in centre.

Run knife around cake sides to loosen, press edge of cake down to make level with centre. Remove pan sides, and cool cake completely.

I served it with a raspberry coulis ( I used frozen berries), and whipped cream. I would do it the day before next time, and refridgerate it. Then it bring to room temp befor eserving. darn it was good. LOL Have fun!!!

Source:
"Bon Appetit - March"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Billy
  Re: Re: Poor Lorraine!!! by farnfam (Yes, Billyj sweets, ...)
Here you go, Cis.

Flourless Chocolate Cake

Preheat oven to 350

Grease 10"x3" springform pan

2 8 oz pkg semisweet chocolate, chopped (almost 2 3/4 cup chocolate chips)
2 cups butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup half and half, or light cream (I use light cream)
1 T vanilla
1/2 t salt
8 large eggs

In heavy saucepan, over low heat, melt semisweet chocolate, butter, sugar, cream, vanilla and salt. Stir frequently until smooth.

In lg bowl, beat eggs. Gradually beat in warm chocolate until smooth. Pour batter into pan so that it spreads evenly.

Bake 45 min or until toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean. Cool completely on rack.

When cake is cool, release from pan. Refrigerate at least 6 hrs.

Glaze with:

In heavy 2 qt pan, over low heat, heat 6 0z semisweet chocolate pcs. Add 2 T butrer, stirring often, until melted and smooth. Remove pan from heat, add 3T milk and 2 T corn syrup.

Add a dollop of whipped cream, if desired.

PJ

Edited to add, this cake will sink in the middl;e during baking, this is the way it is supposed to be, so don't be alarmed!

PJ
  Re: Re: Poor Lorraine!!! by pjcooks (Here you go, Cis.[br...)
Got it PJ! That gives me 3 recipes.

Billy
  Re: Re: Poor Lorraine!!! by bjcotton (Got it PJ! That giv...)
Thanks, Billy, will try this one!

PJ
PJ