Horseradish Sauce for Steak sandwich
  Re: (...)
Hi - I'm new. I was wondering if anyone had a good recipe for horseradish sauce? I'm putting together steak sandwiches tonight with fresh arugula. Any suggestions? I'm a novice cook.
Thanks Phyllis
  Re: Horseradish Sauce for Steak sandwich by mamaduck78 (Hi - I'm new. I was...)
How Fun!!! When I saw your user name on the boards as a new member, I was anxious to get logged on to tell everyone, we had a "mamaduck" as a new member!!! (usually new members don't post right away - but, you beat me to the forums!) Welcome and please don't be a stranger.

We usually use horseradish full strength or mi a little mayo with it, but here's an idea for your sandwiches -

* Exported from MasterCook *

Horseradish Sauce
this makes a heck of a lot, but you can get the idea and use ingredients to taste.

8 ounces horseradish -- drained
2 tablespoons prepared mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/3 cup cider vinegar
2 cups whipping cream

Combine all ingredients except cream.

Whip cream. Fold in horseradish mixture. Chill.

Serve with ham or roast beef.

----
hope someone comes by with their ideas also - I need a good horseradish sauce....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Horseradish Sauce for Steak sandwich by mamaduck78 (Hi - I'm new. I was...)
Welcome, Mamaduck! No ideas for you (sorry) just wanted to say have fun! Jeans' sounds good, you can certainly trust her!!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Horseradish Sauce for Steak sandwich by pjcooks (Welcome, Mamaduck! ...)
Thank you so much. Can't wait to try. Just finished making pesto for future use.
  Re: Re: Horseradish Sauce for Steak sandwich by mamaduck78 (Thank you so much. ...)
  Re: Post deleted by sysadmin by (...)
It is easy to grow - we used to grow it all the time. One time, one of our daughters came in the kitchen as Roy was grinding some up in the blender and thot it might be a milkshake, romoved the lid and took a big wiff...darn near took the top of her head off! (horrible experience, wasn't it madmax.... )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com