Are You Going to Hate Me?
  Re: (...)
I know y'all will just hate me, but that's okay...I picked fresh asparagus from Marilee's garden today. We won't get a chance to cook it since we will munch on it raw!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Are You Going to Hate Me? by bjcotton (I know y'all will ju...)
Yup. Just hate'cha

I so need some spring food. Ohio's getting hit now with the snowslushcrap we'll get on Thursday (a repeat of last Thursday) and even the good stores are having a hard time getting anything good

Enjoy it for all us, Billy.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Are You Going to Hate Me? by pjcooks (Yup. Just hate'cha[...)
You will have a marvelous time with this undertaking Billy. I do hope Fredia will be able to eat them, they are so packed with vits. and goods she may be springing around all over the place.
Will I hate you? Depends on how much you send me.
Mine are just poking up out of the ground. It hasn't been warm enough to have them grow much of yet. I will have to fight with my daughter Stephanie, she loves to steal my asparagus out of the garden and eat it!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Are You Going to Hate Me? by esgunn (Mine are just poking...)
I won't hate you - just load it in your car and bring it down so we can cook it in my brand new kitchen
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Are You Going to Hate Me? by Harborwitch (I won't hate you - j...)
I keep hoping I can get a set schedule so we can plan my visit Sharon. I can probably talk Fredia into staying here at Marilee's for a week or so in between chemo treatments. I don't want to leave her alone at home.

Well Ron, you guys are out of luck. We nibbled our way through the bunch I picked. It was early stuff and really good.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Are You Going to Hate Me? by bjcotton (I keep hoping I can ...)
Oh, the first-of-the-season asparagus, eaten fresh and raw from the garden, is absolute bliss! You're so lucky! Hopefully ours will be ready in another month or 6 weeks...
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Are You Going to Hate Me? by foodfiend (Oh, the first-of-the...)
I have read about growing asparagus, and it appears such a large undertaking to prepare the bed. How do You grow it.
  Re: Re: Are You Going to Hate Me? by vannin (I have read about gr...)
I would be interested in that also. Is it true that it takes a few years to get started?

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."