As if I wasn't busy enough...
  Re: (...)
Well I got the official notice today. I have been accepted for the Cannes Film Festival in France.

I'm going to the French Rivera!! May 12th thru May 27th.

I am so excited and terrified at the same time. I hate traveling, as I don't travel very well. But I refuse to let that stop me

It's going to be a work fest to say the least. Our first orientation is May 12th at 8:30pm so I hope I arrive in time for that. Then it's 2 days at the winerys and farmers markets and then we start planning the meals.

They want us to bring recipe ideas, particulary ones that can be converted to serve 200+ with ease.

Feed me ideas folks

I think the funniest thing I have to bring with me is toilet paper There is no maid service thus no one to restock the ol tp. Hahaha

I'll post more later when I have more details.

I'm going to France!!!!!
  Re: As if I wasn't busy enough... by DFen911 (Well I got the offic...)
Congrats, Denise! What an honor for you!

So, what'cha doin with all your spare time?

PJ
PJ
congratulatons denise!! and keep the blog up to date!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: As if I wasn't busy enough... by cjs (congratulatons denis...)
OMGoodness! Look at you take off, Denise! I'll be glad to go along to be your personal photographer. I'll even supply the tp.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
What a wonderful experience for you. Congrats! Can't wait to hear the play by play. I'll ponder ideas...
Lori
http://www.RecipeGirl.com

"Everything tastes better with wine"
Fantastic news! Talk about an opportunity of a lifetime! Just think about it, Denise. How many people in this country graduate from culinary school and find themselves going to Cannes???? You go girl!

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: As if I wasn't busy enough... by Mare749 (Fantastic news! Tal...)
I knew it, I just knew it! Way to go girl! Want me to send you a small pocket recorder so you could keep notes? That's what I had planned to do in NZ. It makes it easy to keep your memories fresh so you can write about them.

I'm so excited for you, it's almost like we're all going with you. Now I've got to tell all my friends! Just think, I knew you when!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: As if I wasn't busy enough... by bjcotton (I knew it, I just kn...)
I am impressed out of my mine Denise, how absolutely spiffing. And so proud of you, my goodness you worked so very hard for this. A billion congratulations.
Denise, you ROCK!!!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: As if I wasn't busy enough... by foodfiend (Denise, you ROCK!!! ...)
And my kudus as well!!!! You will absolutely LOVE Cannes---what an incredible star atmosphere!!! Been there during the festival---just before the Monaco grand prix----cannot begin to describe the feeling there-----cherish EVERY moment because it goes by soooo quickly!!!! Hope you see George Clooney, or whoever is the flavor of the month!!!! (I'm into the oldies---duh!!!!)

Best to you and CONGRATS!!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy