Brisket
  Re: (...)
I'm going to do the CAH brisket for St. Patty's Day. When brisket was discussed a few weeks back, it sounded like a few people were going to make it sooner. Has anyone tried it so far?
EDITED TO ADD: The cooking process doesn't seem to require rocket science - major question would be how well you liked the sauce.
  Re: Brisket by Ron (I'm going to do the ...)
Are you talking about the Beer Brisket? If yes, I have done it many times and I liked it .This Hannukkah I made another recipe and I actually liked it better . In that recipe it said to cook it a day ahead otherwise the meat does not slice well.
  Re: Re: Brisket by piano226 (Are you talking abou...)
I'm referring to the Whisky Glazed Corned Beef (pages 6-7 of the CAH April (#62) Issue. Nothing against beer, but I already purchased the Jack Daniels, so would like a review on that. I'm a bit apprehensive on the apple cider vinegar - seems like a lot to me. I've never done a brisket - is the vinegar a staple in brisket recipes?
  Re: Re: Brisket by Ron (I'm referring to the...)
Vinegar was not part of my brisket history. I don't cook with bourbon or whiskey because to me it adds a sweet taste to an otherwise savory dish. I was not drawn to this recipe.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Brisket by Old Bay (Vinegar was not part...)
Well, we just had one a few weeks ago and I made the hash. I do believe I prefer the hash to a meal of corned beef, cabbage and potatos,
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: Brisket by Half_Baked (Well, we just had on...)
Quote:

Well, we just had one a few weeks ago and I made the hash. I do believe I prefer the hash to a meal of corned beef, cabbage and potatos,

I wasn't going to have the traditional cabbage and the potatoes with the brisket. I was especially looking forward to having leftovers for the Reuben Hushpuppies.
  Re: Re: Brisket by Ron ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Yep, me too!
Jan

Re: Re: Brisket by Ron (I'm referring to the...)
Ron, I'm making this next week, I never even thought about the vinegar, I'll check out the recipe again and decide if I should cut down.

Jan, usually when I cook a boiled dinner, it's just for the leftovers

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Brisket by pjcooks (Ron, I'm making this...)
That's the way I feel about Thanksgiving turkey. I love the leftovers, especially sandwiches.
Jan

Re: Re: Brisket by Half_Baked (That's the way I fee...)
Ron, I'm glad you called attention to the vinegar in that recipe. I might start with half that amount and taste it as it's blending. This recipe sounds tasty, but what I really want is the hush puppies. I think we should all try them and review!

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."