Pork Chop, Rice, Mushroom soup - help
  Re: (...)
I once had a casserole my sister made with pork chops, long-grain rice and Cream of Mushroom soup. It should be fairly easy, but I don't know how much of any thing to use...do you have a recipe for this simple dish?
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Pork Chop, Rice, Mushroom soup - help by bjcotton (I once had a cassero...)
I do...hold on Billy. I'll find it.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: Pork Chop, Rice, Mushroom soup - help by Half_Baked (I do...hold on Billy...)
I couldn't find my recipe (thought it was in my 3x5 box under pork or chicken) but here's one from cooks.com. I think this is close enough for you to play with and make it your own...

PORK CHOPS & RICE
Printed from COOKS.COM

Pork chops
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
3 cans of water
1 box Uncle Bens long grain & wild rice

1. Brown pork chops in frying pan.
2. In a saucepan, combine soup, water, rice until tender.

3. Place pork chops in a casserole dish.

4. Pour rice mixture on top.

5. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
Jan

Re: Re: Pork Chop, Rice, Mushroom soup - help by Half_Baked (I couldn't find my r...)
Ah, here's the better one:

Pork Chop Casserole

4 butterfly pork chops
1-1/2 cups uncooked rice (not Minute Rice)
3 cups water
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 large onion, chopped

Method: Brown pork chops in a little oil. In the bottom of a casserole dish arrange the pork chops. Mix water, rice, and soup. Pour over meat. Slice onion and place on top of meat. Seal the casserole dish tightly with foil. Bake in a 375-degree oven for approximately 1-1/2 hours. Meat will be so tender that you can cut it with a fork.
Jan

Re: Re: Pork Chop, Rice, Mushroom soup - help by Half_Baked (Ah, here's the bette...)
Billy, my mom used to do a dish like that only she used thinly sliced potatoes which she put on the bottom of a 2 quart casserole, and after browning the pork chops, she would deglaze the pan with the mushroom soup and about 1/2 cup of milk, pour it over the whole thing and bake it for an hour in a 350 oven. The chops are fork tender.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Pork Chop, Rice, Mushroom soup - help by Mare749 (Billy, my mom used t...)
Mary, I've made it with the potatos too and I prefer it that way.
Jan

Re: Re: Pork Chop, Rice, Mushroom soup - help by Half_Baked (Mary, I've made it w...)
You mean like this one?

* Exported from MasterCook *

Loin Chop and Potato Casserole

Recipe By :Bill Cotton
Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:20
Categories : Pork-Ham

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
6 large *loin chops (cheapest boneless cut)
oil -- for frying
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of celery soup
1 can cheddar cheese soup
1 soup can milk
3 large russet potatoes -- peeled and sliced
1 large onion -- chopped
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon ground black pepper

Preheat oven to 350F.

*Trim excess fat. Cutting chops from the pork loin is fairly inexpensive.

In a large skillet saute the onions in oil until translucent. Remove with a slotted spoon to a large saucepan. In the remaiining oil (add more if needed) brown the chops on both sides. When browned lay the chops in the bottom of an 10 1/2- X 14 1/2-inch casserole dish.

Add the soups and milk to onions and heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally. When warm, pour about half of the soup mixture over the browned chops. Layer the potatoes on top of the chops/soup, overlapping edges about 1/3 of the width of the potato slices. When finished, pour the remaining soup mixture over the potatoes. If desired you may layer crushed potato chips over the top of the casserole. Bake for approximately 40 minutes or until the top is browned and soup is bubbly. Check doneness of potatoes with a fork.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Billy
  Re: Re: Pork Chop, Rice, Mushroom soup - help by bjcotton (You mean like this o...)
I'm sure that's good too, Billy. My mom only ever used 1 can of cream of mushroom and some milk, but since I love cream of anything, I wouldn't be pushing that away!

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Pork Chop, Rice, Mushroom soup - help by Mare749 (I'm sure that's good...)
I make this casserole frequently since it's one of the 800 lb gorilla's favorites. I can usually get 6-8 pork chops in the dish, Fredia and I will have one each [maybe 1 1/2] and then Paul will eat 3 or 4 and finish what's left in the morning [and he blames the big belly on steroids ]

Billy