C'mon people on the Chicken Carbonara test....
  Re: (...)
I made it last night. I have an observation, but think that it may be unique to my personal situation. I don't want to influence anyone before they try it. Throw the chicken in the pan!!!
  Re: C'mon people on the Chicken Carbonara test.... by Ron (I made it last night...)
What, what , what are you trying to tell us, Ron????
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: C'mon people on the Chicken Carbonara test.... by Lorraine (What, what , what ar...)
My chicken is hitting the pan tomorrow night...or Sunday.

I'm anxious to try it. This is my first C@H dinner in a long time.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: C'mon people on the Chicken Carbonara test.... by Lorraine (What, what , what ar...)
Quote:

What, what , what are you trying to tell us, Ron????

I think it's a personal situation due to a speficic circumstance, but if I say what it is everyone will adjust (or over-adjust) and I will never know. Make your Carbonara!
  Re: Re: C'mon people on the Chicken Carbonara test.... by Ron ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Having slept on it, I had better post since we're dealing with eggs. The sidebar on the recipe says "Don't worry, the frozen peas will thaw in the hot pasta." As you remember, I had a frozen cream problem. I re-set my refer/freezer higher, but the peas were probably still hyper-frozen. I did leave them out on the counter for a while before using, but I probably should have left them out longer or run them under water. Anyway, after adding the pasta and tossing, there was a bright green pea on top. Chef's prerogative, of course, is to taste it. It was cold. Looking at the mixture, the eggs hadn't done much cooking either, probably because the peas were so cold. When I added the chicken to the cream/eggs/cheese/peas mixture I had immediately run water in the skillet, so I couldn't heat it there. Guess I could have used a different skillet, but I didn't think of that. I put it in the microwave on a low heat setting and monitored the progress of the peas and the eggs. When they were okay the rest of the dish looked like it hadn't suffered, so we tried it. It was quite good - would make it again, but with an adjustment to the peas. Additional comments would be that the portions were larger than we would have liked, and we didn't use all the bread crumb/walnut mixture.
  Re: Re: C'mon people on the Chicken Carbonara test.... by Ron (Having slept on it, ...)
Thanks, Ron. I'm making it tomorrow. I'll use canned peas, becuase not only do I really love them, I have no frozen ones!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: C'mon people on the Chicken Carbonara test.... by Lorraine (Thanks, Ron. I'm ma...)
That's no fair, I can't make it until at least Monday, more probably Tuesday.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: C'mon people on the Chicken Carbonara test.... by Ron (Having slept on it, ...)
If you just rinse with warm water and let drain while you making the rest of the dish - should do the trick. I do a cheat version with store bought alfredo sauce all the time. It is just yummy! I will have to try this one though!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: C'mon people on the Chicken Carbonara test.... by esgunn (If you just rinse wi...)
Thanks Ron, I'm making this tomorrow and usually use frozen peas right out of the freezer. Think I'll thaw them out first.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: C'mon people on the Chicken Carbonara test.... by Mare749 (Thanks Ron, I'm maki...)
The frozen peas are cooked in the process, aren't they? So I suppose all we sh'd ever do is thaw and put in hot water. I have gone off peas, because we boil them a bit, and it is like eating your own teeth. Must stop doing that.