I Must Be Krazy!
  Re: (...)
Well, I went and did it! Bought me a new computer yesterday! $1,204 later...I have one credit card I use for computer stuff only and had paid off my laptop so decided to replace my 5 year old Dell. I can have it cleaned up and checked out and then move it over to replace the old, old computer and haul it to the dump. My sis and BIL will use this one [which will be a waste of a good computer] to play games on. Paul plays cribbage online and Fredia plays solitare...on occasion Paul will check road conditions for a trip. Oh well, where I can keep two computers busy, I can't keep three busy
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: I Must Be Krazy! by bjcotton (Well, I went and did...)
Yay BJ! Getting a new computer rates right up there with getting a new car for me.

I'd love a new laptop - wireless. Our old one is crap but we save it for traveling.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: I Must Be Krazy! by Half_Baked (Yay BJ! Getting a n...)
I'm getting my laptop upgraded at the same time so it will work with the new wireless computer and wireless internet.

Billy
  Re: Re: I Must Be Krazy! by bjcotton (I'm getting my lapto...)
That better not have come out of the holiday account!!! Congrats on the new computer!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: I Must Be Krazy! by bjcotton (I'm getting my lapto...)
You're not krazy! You deserve a new computer!

Bob got a new laptop this summer - it's wireless, but sometimes that's not real reliable so we put a Verizon wireless card in it. It's great fun, when I go with him I can do all my online stuff while we drive around. It's also hooked up to his GPS and works as a navigation system.

My tower has a wireless connection to the satellite modem. I'm afraid that we won't be able to take it with us when we move the boat so we're going to see if we can get another Verizon card and put it in my computer.

We've got the boat setup now so that we can go out and anchor up for a weekend and have all the comforts of home (well almost - still gotta get the new potty). The generator will operate 2 small refers, 1 small freezer, and the wine cooler and almost everything else. We can't run the heater and microwave at the same time - but I can do laundry!!

You should come for a visit this summer - we can go out fishing for our supper and get online to post photos and make everyone green with envy!!!Wink
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: I Must Be Krazy! by Harborwitch (You're not krazy! Y...)
That is my plan Sharon. When depends on the situation here...and when you get the new potty

I will put a password on my new computer to keep the 800 pounder off of it, same as I do with my laptop.

Billy
  Re: Re: I Must Be Krazy! by bjcotton (That is my plan Shar...)
I will tell Bob, that should get things moving around here!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: I Must Be Krazy! by Harborwitch (I will tell Bob, tha...)
I am delighted you have treated yourself to a new computer Billy. I know you will enjoy it from its 1 to its .

I wish I had one of those wireless ones so I could toddle around the place with it. Perhaps when we are rich and famous.
  Re: Re: I Must Be Krazy! by vannin (I am delighted you h...)
Giggle, we still have an Apple 11e with twin floppies and the C Itoh printer that came with it is still in use. (1982).