We're Off Like A Couple Of SunBirds!!
  Re: (...)
We leave tomorrow for six weeks of sun searching!! Well, Roy will do a little work, but I'm looking for sun...hot sun!!

First stop will be in Portland for a few days - I'll be meeting up with a couple of chef friends, one who is opening his first restaurant in mid-March - the other has just moved up to Portland from Calif.

Then to Medford, to see number one daughter - madmax, who doesn't post very often. We'll be going to dinner at the culinary school she is taking classes from and we'll get to meet her chef/instructor. Whoopee!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: We're Off Like A Couple Of SunBirds!! by cjs (We leave tomorrow fo...)
Have a wonderful trip! Eat well, rest, recharge, post often..!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: We're Off Like A Couple Of SunBirds!! by pjcooks (Have a wonderful tri...)
Bon Voyage, my dear foodie friends. Have a wonderful time and be sure to update us on each event
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: We're Off Like A Couple Of SunBirds!! by cjs (We leave tomorrow fo...)
Have a great time! I'll wave from the air. Mid-march we are going on our first big vacation in 7 years and the first big vacation with the kids. I frequent Ocean Shores with them at my mom's house, but this will be different.

First stop Palm Springs - still my mom's house with a side trip to San Diego and the beach and Sea World. After a week we are heading to Lake Chapalla, Mexico. About an hour south of Guadalajara. We will be staying with my husbands parents in their winter home there. It should be fun. A little nerve racking traveling so much with three 5 year olds...but it will be fun, sunny and warm. Can't wait.

I guess I will have to wait - we don't leave until March 13th. I just got so excited hearing about Jean and Roy's search for the sun.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: We're Off Like A Couple Of SunBirds!! by esgunn (Have a great time! ...)
Erin, how wonderful for you!! I'm envious, no vacation in sight for me! (The last 3 yrs )

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: We're Off Like A Couple Of SunBirds!! by pjcooks (Erin, how wonderful ...)
Jean, have a wonderful and safe trip. Six weeks is a long time, you're bound to find some sun! And a few good farmer's markets too. Have fun!

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: We're Off Like A Couple Of SunBirds!! by Mare749 (Jean, have a wonderf...)
Jean, don't forget to use your blog! We'll be excitedly waiting for all the details about your travel, shopping and food.

Have a safe trip.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: We're Off Like A Couple Of SunBirds!! by Half_Baked (Jean, don't forget t...)
I could drive down to see them [Medford is about 100 miles south of me], but don't think I'll make it. Have fun you two! I've saved $300 toward going to Lorraine's, hopefully this fall.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: We're Off Like A Couple Of SunBirds!! by bjcotton (I could drive down t...)
Lucky, lucky folks!! I love palm springs!!!

Have a great trip, Jean. Hope you remembered to pack your notebook!!!!

Billy, don't you be spending that money on anything else unless authorized by me!!!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.