What's for V.D.?
  Re: (...)
Here it's going to be ribeye, lobster, blanched asparagus and herbed potato. Dessert is still undecided. Suggestions?
  Re: What's for V.D.? by Ron (Here it's going to b...)
I say Molten Lava Cakes!!!! I'm making a flourless chocolate cake today, only because I don't have the ramekins . Let us know if you need a recipe. Or, Souflleed Lemon Crepes. All can be done ahead of time. Or ( I really hate to say it) do you have this month's BA magazine. There's a recipe for chocolate orange cookies stacks. I debated making that for tonight. Or, a nice cheese platter, fresh fruit, with a great glass ( or twoConfusedmile) of port.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for V.D.? by Lorraine (I say Molten Lava Ca...)
Lorraine, I'm also making my flourless choc mousse cake when I would rather be making the Lava Cakes-I can't seem to remember to pick up the ramekins!! Why don't I already own these??? (Because I have these at work, and after a while, the work stuff and home stuff become blurred and I don't remember what is where).

The lemon cake souffle sounds interesting, will look it up.

Thanks!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: What's for V.D.? by pjcooks (Lorraine, I'm also m...)
that will be the 2nd day of our trip, so we'll have easy trailer food - so far filets (Christmas present) and Snicker's candy bar brownies (drop off L/Os with grandson) with ice cream. Will fill in later...I'll keep looking for ideas as you guys post.

hmmmm, roasted asparagus....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for V.D.? by cjs (that will be the 2nd...)
If only the asparagus looked good in the store - puniest stuff I ever did see. Thought hard about it, but knew I would be disappointed.

Steve is just getting home from a trip and the kids have all been sick. So I think we will go easy - grilled Ribeye, steamed broccoli, béarnaise sauce. Skip dessert. Maybe ice-cream. If I am really feeling up to it - a twice baked potato.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: What's for V.D.? by esgunn (If only the asparagu...)
Quote:

If only the asparagus looked good in the store - puniest stuff I ever did see. Thought hard about it, but knew I would be disappointed.

I haven't had asparagus in a while and was looking forward to it. I'll hope for the best, but go to Plan B if it isn't worth buying. The local bakery makes a respectable cherry pie and has it on sale so it will be that for dessert with a scoop of French Vanilla ice cream.
  Re: Re: What's for V.D.? by Ron ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I guess nobody else is going to say it Ron, so I will: Penicillin used to work, but I don't know what they use now-a-days!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: What's for V.D.? by bjcotton (I guess nobody else ...)
Quote:

I guess nobody else is going to say it Ron, so I will: Penicillin used to work, but I don't know what they use now-a-days!

I meant to post V.Day, not V.D. I tried to change the subject line so people don't think this is Web MD, but it wouldn't take.
  Re: Re: What's for V.Day... by Ron ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Sorry, but you know me, I just can't resist...no will power I guess
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: What's for V.D.? by bjcotton (I guess nobody else ...)
Just got it! Too Funny!!!

PJ
PJ