Garlicky Chicken Wings
  Re: (...)
I had chicken wings thawed out to make these yesterday, but didn't get to them so just made them...my finger's are still greasy!!

Oh boy, these are good. I think I need to add more tabasco, but shaking a little on the wing as it is being devoured 'ain't' too bade either. Now, I wish I had added thses yesterday, 'cause sure as he-- Roy & I will eat 'em all!!!

GARLICKY CHICKEN WINGS

2 lbs. chicken wings (about 15 wings)
3 cloves fresh garlic
1 c. boiling water
1 tbsp. olive oil + 1 c.
10 - 15 drops Tabasco
1 c. grated Parmesan cheese
1 c. Italian style bread crumbs
1 tsp. black pepper
Carrot & celery slices for garnish

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Locate first and second joints in chicken wings. Cut through both joints for each wing using sharp knife. After cutting remove the tips and pat dry with paper towel. Peel garlic by dropping into boiling water for 5 to 10 seconds. Place in cold water, peel away skins. Place garlic, 1 cup of oil and Tabasco in blender. Cover and process until smooth. Pour garlic mixture into small bowl.

Combine cheese, bread crumbs and black pepper in shallow dish. Dip wing sections one at a time into garlic mixture and roll into crumb mixture coating evenly and shaking off excess.

Brush 13"x9" pan with remaining tablespoon of oil. Arrange wing sections in single layer in pan. Drizzle remaining garlic mixture over wing sections. Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture. Bake 45 to 60 minutes or until chicken is brown and crisp. Makes about 6 servings.

-----
"3 cloves fresh garlic
1 c. boiling water" - I really don't understand this step and I probably will not do it again, I saw no difference in the flavor of the garlic. Unneccesary, I'm thinking.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Garlicky Chicken Wings by cjs (I had chicken wings ...)
They sound great! So you are thinking you would just peel the garlic and add to the oil - not boil them first?
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Garlicky Chicken Wings by esgunn (They sound great! S...)
These sound wonderful! Thanks, Jean.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Garlicky Chicken Wings by cjs (I had chicken wings ...)
Jean--try these---
2 sticks butter, melted
1/3 cup hot sauce (Louisiana, Crystal, Tabasco)
1 pkg Hidden valley ranch dry mix--(I know, I know!!)
24-30 party wings (seperated)
mix the butter and hot sauce. marinate the wingsabout 30 min. Place on a lined baking sheet--sprinkle with the dry mix on both sides--bake at 350 for 15 min-turn and bake 15 more min. Turn on broiler and broil on both sides until brown. This simple and fast. Serve with creamy blu cheese dressing and celery sticks.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Garlicky Chicken Wings by Old Bay (Jean--try these---[b...)
geez, a cup of olive oil or a half lb. of butter.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Garlicky Chicken Wings by cjs (geez, a cup of olive...)
Do y'all remember some time ago when our "Professional Chef" was wondering what the hell someone would talk about in a personal blog? Seems she found something afterall huh? You go girl!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Garlicky Chicken Wings by bjcotton (Do y'all remember so...)
bless your heart, BillyJ.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Garlicky Chicken Wings by cjs ([img]/ubbthreads/ima...)
Jean, I love your blog and can't wait till you finish your cookbook! I wish we could all get together for one big cooking class with you as our instructor.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Garlicky Chicken Wings by Mare749 (Jean, I love your bl...)
Jean, I really think you should be heading for a hardback glossy book. This will not only give the recipes that are so accessable, but the presentation and table settings etc. Some people, who thought they could not hard cook an egg, just blossom with this sort of inspiration. A sort of almanac for youngsters and those newly by themselves for one reason or another. As well as those who have to eat to budget, but have enough for a little flutter now and then. Or am I stepping on your toes?
  Re: Re: Garlicky Chicken Wings by vannin (Jean, I really think...)
"Or am I stepping on your toes?" - never happen Dale

...and the work goes on, I too, hope I finish this book someday, soon!
www.achefsjourney.com