Sunday's Supper
  Re: (...)
Ok, here's what I've decided to fix Sunday at my Sis' house:

Arancini Appys
Onion/Cucumber Mozzarella w/Garlic Vinaigrette

Balsamic Pork Tenderloin
Savory Orzo (This is my own "seasonings")
18 Hour Bread
Roasted Veggies (sweet potato, yukon gold potatoes, parsnips, whatever else I find)
roasted/marinated Brussels Sprouts
Tomato Concasse

Marion berry and Pomegranate Sorbets

So, what do you think? Too many starches? Additions/deletions? Come on, don't hold back you won't hurt my feelings.

By the way, I'm off to Portland in about 3 hours and will continue talkng to you from there.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Sunday's Supper by bjcotton (Ok, here's what I've...)
Wow! Are you really going to make all that? I have to tell you, I'm really impressed, that's quite a menu.

Regarding your question about starches, I think that your savory orzo is different enough from the roasted veggies that it gives people a choice of pasta or potatoes or both.

Personally, I would roast some lighter veggies, but that's just me. I like to cut chunks of zucchini, onion, red pepper, Japanese eggplant, garlic, and sometimes a roma tomato or two, s&p, olive oil, wrap in HD foil and roast on the grill. I love the leftovers with some good rice for lunch the next day.

The 18 hour bread is going to go quick, better make two!

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Sunday's Supper by bjcotton (Ok, here's what I've...)
The orzo, bread, sweet potato, yukon gold potatoes, parsnips - wow that's a lot of carbs goin' on there. Could you sub with some green veggies? or are they not a favorite?
oh, just saw the brussels sprouts - maybe stop at that and no other vegie?

How 'bout some little shortbread cookies with those sorbets? maybe dipped in a little chocolate?

Is the concasse an addition to the pork? sounds good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday's Supper by cjs (The orzo, bread, swe...)
I was also thinking about just roasting the brussels sprouts and not the others. The concasse is a side for those that want it...Fredia can't have it, but most of the others will want extra so I plan to double the recipe.

Billy
  Re: Re: Sunday's Supper by bjcotton (I was also thinking ...)
I love a tumble of roasted veggies Billy, and meat gravy to go with. Best food.
  Re: Re: Sunday's Supper by vannin (I love a tumble of r...)
You'd have to widen the doors for me to waddle through, if I ate with you for a week, BJ.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: Sunday's Supper by Half_Baked (You'd have to widen ...)
Nah Jan, we rarely eat that way. Usually it's a main dish and that's all, no sides, no veggies, etc. Like last night we had turkey burgers and/or chicken sausage w/sun-dried tomatoes and basil.

Billy
  Re: Re: Sunday's Supper by bjcotton (Nah Jan, we rarely e...)
Well, what6 can I say? The Aranciini was too loose after I added the whipped egg whites, so I put it in a cake plate, sprinkled bread crumbs over and baked it. There's none left, so it must have been a success. The Savory Orzo was delish [I cooked it as I would risotto] it had mushrooms, onions, garlic and I used chicken broth. The Balsamic Pork Loin was superb, as was the Roasted Brussels Sprouts.

The meal was a total success, there's not much of anything left. The next time I make the concasse I'll use ripe tomatoes [as I did the last time] instead of canned. Still, there was only enough left for 1 lunch tomorrow.

Hot darn!

Billy
  Re: Re: Sunday's Supper by bjcotton (Well, what6 can I sa...)
Nicely done, Billy! Did you take pictures?

About the arancini, did you let the rice cool completely before proceeding with the recipe? Mine was very easy to put together.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sunday's Supper by Mare749 (Nicely done, Billy! ...)
The Aranciini was too loose after I added the whipped egg whites,

Did you add the egg white to the rice mixture??

Edited to add, the review isn't until a week today! ;blush: I hope I remember what they tasted like by then!!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.