The Leftover Queen
  Re: (...)
I think that's going to be my new name. All my meat etc is packaged for 3 people, with enough leftover for 2 of us to take for lunch. Now one person is gone for 6 months on business, not even home on weekends. so...I'm ending up with tons of leftovers. I can't keep up with them. I'll take leftovers to work for lunch, he won't.

As an example, yesterday I pulled out all these little packages of leftover veggies, and I had some pasta. Made a bechamel, added some stock, stuck it in a casserole, topped with crumbs and cheese ( darn it's good). But, now, instead of having all the little packages, I have a huge casserle. More leftovers!!! I divided it up and froze it for lunches. I still have pea soup I'll have to freeze tonight. And the remains of a roasted chicken. And the remains of a brisket. My staff love me for the dishes I bring them, but not economical for me.

What do you folks do with them all???
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: The Leftover Queen by Lorraine (I think that's going...)
Don't look at me! I'm in exactly the same spot you are! More and more I'm using all the little leftovers to make one big leftover which I then bring to work to feed the catering students.

I need to remember to pare down the recipes for just one or two. Just can't stop cooking for 6 or 8 when there's only 1 or 2 of us.

Whenever possible, I vac seal pcs and freeze for my folks.
Out of sight, out of mind.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: The Leftover Queen by pjcooks (Don't look at me! I...)
I can identify too. I'll have to rename the 800 lb gorilla to 600 lb gorilla. Not that he's getting any smaller, just what he eats is. Now he eats for 4 instead of 6!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: The Leftover Queen by bjcotton (I can identify too. ...)

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: The Leftover Queen by pjcooks ([br][br] [...)
Cooking for 2 has its downsides. True. We all need smaller pots. This Is true you know. But you can buy the very best ingreds. and spend every delicate minute creating perfection.
  Re: Re: The Leftover Queen by vannin (Cooking for 2 has it...)
Well said, Dale, thanks for the reminder!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: The Leftover Queen by pjcooks (Well said, Dale, tha...)
I still have trouble cooking the right amount of potatoes, I think that's the hardest for me to cut down on - when the kids were home, we went thru them like there was no tomorrow.

We have been eating out of the freezer for 6 months now - except for special cuts I need - and I'm bound and determined to clean it out! I'm down to no pork, except for some pakets of ham, which I really miss having. But, I'm going to do it.

I made a list of all I had and I'm slowly crossing off....slowly.

I love leftovers, I think that's when I get some of the tastiest dishes - that can never be exactly duplicated. darn.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: The Leftover Queen by Lorraine (I think that's going...)
I'm really good about cooking for the two of us---I hate to waste uneaten food in the disposal, or whatever. I make enough extra of the meat course and that will be fixed up somehow for lunch the next day with whatever else I may come up with. Very little is unused here--hubby has a GREAT appetite!! (and he's a good sport, most of the time!!!).

My major problem---I hoard meats when I see them in the markets because thay are not always available--then I have a tendency to forget that I have them and buy them again when I see them---now how CRS is that???
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: The Leftover Queen by Roxanne 21 (I'm really good abou...)
"he's a good sport"

The one person left here doesn't even want to play, let alone be a good sport! LOL My staff are loving it, they've been getting great lunches.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.