Perfect Pasta
  Re: (...)
I just got my copy of Perfect Pasta. I bought this for my pasta loving 21 yr old son. He can cook, but he said he needed some inspiration, and some basics. I think this fits the bill.

Right away, a primer on pasta. Then 2 basic tomato sauces, stove top and oven roasted, A bechamel (believe it or not, they all listened when I taught them that!) and a spinach pesto. They have a few risotto recipes, as well as the pasta dishes. A few sandwiches, some breadsticks and a few salads finish this off.

I'm sure some of these recipes came from the archives (as I've made some of them before) but I think it's a nice little cookbook for someone who's not quite sure about pairing pasta and sauces. Well worth the $10 (no shipping) I spent, Jere will love it.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Perfect Pasta by pjcooks (I just got my copy o...)
Can't wait to get mine!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Perfect Pasta by Lorraine (Can't wait to get mi...)
Lorraine,

The tagliatelle with peas and prosciutto (I used fettuccine) is sooo good, even though I went w/the lighter recipe using chix broth and half & half instead of heavy cream.

The tortellini w/gorganzola cream is good, too, if you like blue cheese. The lighter version I used seemed a little thin, but I added back in some more blue, and it worked out fine.
Well, now my son will get it when I've cooked my way through a bit... you know, test it a little, on his behalf

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Perfect Pasta by pjcooks (Lorraine,[br][br]The...)
Wonder when mine will get here...oh piddle, as someone we know says.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Perfect Pasta by bjcotton (Wonder when mine wil...)
Mine took about 10 days to get here. I wanted to order the cookie book in Dec, but didn't, (seemed like everyone was waiting forever). Maybe I will now. Did you get that one, Billy, and how long did it take to get it? Of course, now the holiday heat is off.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Perfect Pasta by pjcooks (Mine took about 10 d...)
Oh mine came over the weekend and I got Casey's copy right out to her. It's wonderful, so happy I ordered it!
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Perfect Pasta by farnfam (Oh mine came over th...)
Well, I thot I ordered three copies, but only one came a few days ago. Maybe I hit the wrong key or button...will have to see the statement. Haven't made anything out of it yet, but those two sound good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Perfect Pasta by cjs (Well, I thot I order...)
Still waiting patiently for mine!

"tagliatelle with peas and prosciutto"

One of my favourites!!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Perfect Pasta by Lorraine (Still waiting patien...)
NO COMMENT---y'all---
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Perfect Pasta by Roxanne 21 (NO COMMENT---y'all--...)
Made a scaled down version of the Penne with Roasted Vegetables (sorry Rox). It really was perfect. Makes a very smooth balsamic vinegar and oil mix to toss the pasta in. For the two of us, I roasted zucchini, yellow squash, and an onion. Later added some already roasted red peppers I had on hand. And upped the protein by the addition of kidney beans. Good, quick and simple 7 YUMS
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life