Griddle question
  Re: (...)
I don't have one but do they work on electric stoves? I'm really planning on doing a lot of cooking in a few weeks!

btw, my 12" cast iron arrived today.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Griddle question by Half_Baked (I don't have one but...)
I had a Calphalon Kitchen Essentials griddle for several years before it wore out. I replaced it recently with a Calphalon One. Both worked fine on my electric (smooth ceramic surface)stovetop.
  Re: Re: Griddle question by Ron (I had a Calphalon Ki...)
Thanks Ron. The stove is only 4 yrs old so that's one of the last things to be replaced. I'd love another gas stove.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: Griddle question by Half_Baked (Thanks Ron. The sto...)
My Mother has an ancient cast iron griddle coated in something ( it looks silver) that she has used on her electric stove top forever. I'm hoping I get that one!!!Well, in another 30 years.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Griddle question by Lorraine (My Mother has an anc...)
Jean used her round one on an electric stove. Worked fine, also the cast iron heats pretty evenly regardless.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Griddle question by bjcotton (Jean used her round ...)
I did????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Griddle question by cjs (I did????...)
Yes dear, you did. When I was up there for New Years. I don't remember exactly what you prepared, but you fixed something using it.

Billy
  Re: Re: Griddle question by bjcotton (Yes dear, you did. ...)
"I did???? "

Ah geez, rofl.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Griddle question by Lorraine ("I did???? "[br][br]...)
You have to forgive her Lorraine. After all, she's old enough to be my.....uh, sister

Billy
  Re: Re: Griddle question by bjcotton (You have to forgive ...)
oh geez, when we were in the rental...completely forgot! I counted back houses we've lived in and other than the rental for a month or two, couldn't remember an electric stove since the 70s...

and how did it work?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com