Meatballs, Meatballs & more Meatballs
  Re: (...)
Here is the index of the book that goes with the Meatball maker Jean gave me for Christmas...all I can say is "Good Lord Almighty!"

Table of Contents
Soups
Beef Meatball Soup 3
Bulgarian Meatball Soup 4
French Meatball Soup 5
Meatball Onion Soup 6
Mini-Meatball Minestrone 7
Pasta-Meatball Soup.: 8
Spicy Middle Eastern Stew 9
Appetizers
Batter-Dipped Fondue Meatballs 10
Cocktail Meatballs 11
Crunchy Mexican Turkey Meatballs 12
Little Latin Meatballs 13
Middle Eastern Sesame Lamb Meatballs
w/minted yogurt dip 14
Swedish Meatballs 15
Dinners
B attistas' s Italian Meatballs 16
Biscuit-Meatball Pie 17
Chicken Meatballs 18
Classic Spaghetti with Meatball Sauce 19
Dill Meatballs 20
Meatballs and Jalapeno Dip 21
Meatballs w/Pasta and Apple Pesto 22
Mint-Flavored Greek Meatballs 23
Persian Meatballs 24
Pizza Meatballs 25
Porcupine Meatballs 26
Sweet 'N Sour Meatballs ; 27
Turkey Meatballs 28
Taco Meatballs : 29
Thai Meatballs 30
Tofu Meatballs 31
Vegetarian Spaghetti & Meatballs 32
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Meatballs, Meatballs & more Meatballs by bjcotton (Here is the index of...)
Interesting, Billy---BUT nothing beats the C@H meatball recipe-----a definite winner no matter what you might think about meatballs---the most requested recipe from all of my family/friends. Have you tried them yet??

GREAT subs as well!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Meatballs, Meatballs & more Meatballs by Roxanne 21 (Interesting, Billy--...)
I don't remember getting a cookbook with the meatball maker my grand-nephew sent me. I'll have to check the bookcase since I received it about 4 yrs ago. lol, have you used it yet Beej?

I agree Roxanne, the fundraiser cookbook has a great meatball recipe.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: Meatballs, Meatballs & more Meatballs by Roxanne 21 (Interesting, Billy--...)
Quote:

Interesting, Billy---BUT nothing beats the [Email]C@H[/Email] meatball recipe-----a definite winner no matter what you might think about meatballs---the most requested recipe from all of my family/friends. Have you tried them yet??

I just made them last night. Great seasoning combination and they are moist, not dry and rubbery.
  Re: Re: Meatballs, Meatballs & more Meatballs by Ron ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Perfect description, Ron!!!
  Re: Re: Meatballs, Meatballs & more Meatballs by Roxanne 21 (Perfect description,...)
They are awsome! We love them, and they freeze great! I just leave them on the sheet pan, pop in the freezer when cool, and then vacuum seal them in portions.

The subs are fantastic. Best meatball sub!

Billy - lots of interesting meatballs. The turkey mexican sounded interesting. I make a porcupine meatball for the kids. Rice a Roni mixed with hamburger. They like them. Let us know if you have any real winners!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Meatballs, Meatballs & more Meatballs by bjcotton (Here is the index of...)
You're kidding!!!! Why didn't I open the darn thing when I had it my hot little hands???

this one sounds interesting -
"Meatballs w/Pasta and Apple Pesto 22 "

I guess I'm kind of in the minority around here - I can't stand to make the same recipe for something over and over - I have to try new versions. I probably come back to one we really like, but I can't not try new ones.

Like the meatballs - I must have 6 or 7 favorites, but I'll keep playing...

(I'm not criticizing, I just would be awfully bored with the same recipe for something - just me.)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Meatballs, Meatballs & more Meatballs by cjs (You're kidding!!!! W...)
Change is nice---just try telling my "meatball" that!!
  Re: Re: Meatballs, Meatballs & more Meatballs by Roxanne 21 (Change is nice---jus...)
Let's see how this works Jean...

Meatballs w/Pasta and Apple Pesto

PESTO
2 cups fresh basil leaves
I Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, cut into large chunks 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese 1/2 cup walnuts
1 clove garlic
I tsp. pepper sauce 1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 cup olive oil 8 oz. bow-tie pasta

MEATBALLS
1/2 lb. lean ground beef 1/2 lb. ground turkey
I large egg
1/4 cup dry seasoned breadcrumbs 1/4 cup club soda
I tbsp.peppersauce
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup roasted red peppers, cut into strips

In food processor or blender, combine basil, apple, cheese, walnuts, garlic, pepper sauce, and salt. Gradually add oil until mixture is smooth. Prepare bowtie pasta as label directs. Drain.
Meanwhile, in large bowl, combine ground beef and turkey, egg, breadcrumbs, club soda and pepper sauce until well mixed. Shape mixture into balls.
In 12" non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, cook meatballs until well browned on all sides, turning frequently. Add water to skillet; over high heat, heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 minutes. In large bowl, toss cookedpasta, pesto, pesto sauce, meatballs with their liquid and roasted red pepper strips until well mixed. Serve immediately.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Meatballs, Meatballs & more Meatballs by bjcotton (Let's see how this w...)
i don't think I've met a meatball I didn't like.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.