DIL in hospital.
  Re: (...)
My 2nd grandchild is going to be born today!!!!!

I have Olivia (will be 2 in April) and this sweet baby is a boy, Elliott.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: DIL in hospital. by Half_Baked (My 2nd grandchild is...)
Oh congratulations, Grandma!!!! How wonderful! It seems like forever since anyone's been pregnant around our family. Guess I just have to wait for more great-grandchildren.

Hope all is well with the whole family. I love the name Olivia. Elliott sounds like a three-piece suit to me - be interesting to see what their futures hold for them.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: DIL in hospital. by cjs (Oh congratulations, ...)
How wonderful for you, Jan!!!! DIL is lucky to have one of each and I am also intrigued by the choice of names---they sound like future "stars" to me!!!

JEEZ___I wish my offspring would GET MARRIED---never mind grandchildren!!!! I feel really deprived to not be able to hold one of those cuties and then hand them back---

Enjoy your bounty, Jan---I'm jealous!!!! But then you couldn't guess that, huh?
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: DIL in hospital. by Roxanne 21 (How wonderful for yo...)
Congrats Grandma Jan!!!! How fun. Hope you're not the type that minds being called grandma
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: DIL in hospital. by farnfam (Congrats Grandma Jan...)
I didn't think my son would ever get married. These 2 dated since HS/college and lived together for about 5 yrs. I used to tell him that she'd get tired of waiting and eventually pack up and leave.

My oldest son still hasn't found the 'right' one...geez, he's 34. That's impossible. I'm much too young to have a kid who is that old.

I've not been called grandmere yet. Olivia was too young to talk at Thanksgiving and I won't be up there until April. It slays me not to be a few miles from them, like we were before the move. I'm so jealous of the other set of Grandparents and my ex....but the kids will be lucky to have so much family around.

These kids have so many great grandparents and grandparents that they decided to call me Grandmere. Way too many nanas, grammys, gammys, grandmas...etc.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: DIL in hospital. by Half_Baked (I didn't think my so...)
And how 'bout a Memere---my ex's mother is a French-Canadian and she insisted on this. My Mom is a Nana!!

What would be my decision---whatever the children choose is okay with me---a special experience, to say the least!!!
  Re: Re: DIL in hospital. by Half_Baked (I didn't think my so...)
My son would have been 35 come February---my second will be 32 on April 1st---would you believe that??? Not a joke!!!

Now Wendy is 36---and hasn't found the "right one". Different world we live in!!!!!

In my day---anybody over the age of 21 not married was an "old maid"------UGH------sure wish I could do it all over again---'cept my children---wouldn't give that up for the world!!!!
Oh my lord when I first saw the title of this thread my heart dropped...then it soared again!!

Congrats on the bundle of love coming you way. What a wonderful family this young man is coming into the world to

Make sure you put a spoon or whisk in his hand as soon as you can
We are known as mops and pops. My daughter is coming tomorrow with 2 year-old Anthea and 5 month-old Annika. Then we leave for Chile on the 1st. She will be joining her husband who will leave on the 25th of January for a Fulbright Scholarship for 6 months in Chile. I'll be there for a month to help them get settled.

Grandkids are just the best. I'd forgotten how cute and charming 2 year-olds can be (they'd never make to 3 otherwise).
Congratulations Jan!!!!! New babies are so wonderful! I, too, love the names Olivia and Elliot - do the parents happen to be Law & Order SVU fans??????? LOL
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!