Looking for Recipe
  Re: (...)
I am looking for a carrot cake recipe from August Home's Cuisine magazine. It was from late 1997-1999. I believe it contained carrots, pineapple and coconut. It was the best carrot cake I ever made and I somehow misplaced that issue!
  Re: Looking for Recipe by ang672 (I am looking for a c...)
Welcome ang!! here you go -

Carrot Cake
(Cuisine, April 1997, Issue 2, p. 42)

Makes: 3 Layers, 10 Servings Total Time: 1 Hour Rating: Easy

For the Cake—
Mix Together:
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 t. baking soda
1 1/4 t. salt
2 t. ground cinnamon

Beat until Well Blended:
4 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 cup corn oil

Add:
2 cups carrots, grated
2 cups pineapple, crushed
1 cup coconut, shredded

For the Cream Cheese Frosting—
Cream Together:
1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese
4 T. butter

Gradually Add:
5 cups powdered sugar

Related Recipes:

Cream Cheese Frosting

Preheat oven to 350°. Use non-stick spray to coat your cake pans. Line the bottoms with wax paper circles.

Mix together all the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon), in a medium-sized bowl. Stir until mixed.

Beat four eggs together in a separate bowl. When these are blended, add the sugar, mixing until it dissolves. Now you can blend in the corn oil. You’ll notice the texture will change to a smoother, thicker consistency.

Add the grated carrots, drained crushed pineapple, and coconut to the egg, sugar and oil mixture. Blend thoroughly. Gradually stir in the dry ingredients. Mix these by hand thoroughly. (You won’t have to use a mixer on this cake.) Distribute the batter evenly into your 3 pans. Tap each pan on the countertop to force air bubbles to the surface. Bake the cakes at 350° for 25-30 mins. on oven’s middle rack. Doneness Test: When a toothpick, inserted at center, comes out clean. Cool and chill.

Cream together the room temperature cream cheese and butter for Frosting.

Gradually add the powdered sugar in one-cup measures to the cream cheese/butter mixture. Beat completely each addition of sugar. The frosting is ready to use when it has a lightly whipped texture. It should be stiff enough to show the “tracks” of the beaters. To assemble cake, start with chilled (or frozen) cake layers. Put the first layer (top surface down) on your plate. Then peel off the waxed paper. Spread frosting on top of first layer. Position next layer with top side down and frost. Place third layer, but top side up. Now refrigerate. Spread frosting on the sides of the stacked layers. You may want to apply one fairly thin layer of it to start, then go back over it with a second, for a more even layer of frosting. Spread frosting on top last, joining it to the side frosting. To smooth the top surface, dip your spatula in warm water and draw it across again. Refrigerate the finished cake.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Looking for Recipe by cjs (Welcome ang!! here y...)
Thanks you so much, how did you find it that quick?
  Re: Re: Looking for Recipe by ang672 (Thanks you so much, ...)
Welcome , ang!!! Jean's memory is excellent, she probably had it memorized!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
Welcome to CAH Angela. I hope you join us frequently.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Looking for Recipe by Lorraine (Welcome , ang!!! Je...)
AND A HUGE WELCOME from me, ang-----you must also try those wonderful muffins----they are incredibly awesome!!!

Hope to see you here on occasion!!

BTW---Jean is our GRAND POOH-BAH!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Looking for Recipe by Roxanne 21 (AND A HUGE WELCOME f...)
Warm welcome Ang, I think you will quickly find you have landed on you feet here.
You arre welcome and nothing to it, Ang - I have one of the secret keys to C@H's newest forum that has the archive of past recipes - the forum that was promised to everyone by LAST Sept.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com