Lasagna Soup
  Re: (...)
Those who have made both versions - Splendid soups and the monthly magazine - which version did you like better. I am making this one day this week and would appreciate your input. Thanks
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Lasagna Soup by esgunn (Those who have made ...)
I've only made the magazine version Erin, but it was Fantabulous!!! So I say make that one
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Lasagna Soup by farnfam (I've only made the m...)
Thanks - I just found the issue 54 that had the soup. The only difference is issue 54 calls for

2 tbsp Garlic - instead of 1 Tbsp

Adds a can of tomato sauce - the soup book does not call for tomato sauce. Otherwise they are the same recipe.
Erin
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Lasagna Soup by esgunn (Thanks - I just foun...)
I've also only made the version from issue 54 - we loved it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Lasagna Soup by cjs (I've also only made ...)
I made it last night - the version from issue 54 with more garlic and the tomato sauce. It was great. My husband really liked it. We like our soup a little thicker so I added a little more noodles and more spinach. It was delicious. A keeper.

Even my husband who commented that soup for dinner was a chick thing loved it and commented on how good it was and that you couldn't get something like that in a restaurant.

My husband was talking to his buddy last night while they were trying to replace the window in his shop. His buddy was commenting on how wives liked to be wined and dined, and Steve said not Erin. And Dave said oh, I bet she does. And Steve said she cooks such good food it is better than in a restaurant. If you put her in a kitchen - without kids and a bottle of wine and some friends she would rather stay home and cook.

What a sweet man. Now, to tell the truth I would like to be wined and dined a little more often than happens here! But he is right. A night out with friends, I'd just as soon have friends in and enjoy their company rather than be in a noisy restaurant on someone elses time schedule.

Sorry to digress...
Erin
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Lasagna Soup by esgunn (I made it last night...)
Oh that is so sweet and flattering, Erin!

I feel the same way about going out. If I'm not eating somewhere extraordinary, I'd prefer to buy something special and make it at home.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: Lasagna Soup by Half_Baked (Oh that is so sweet ...)
Erin---your hubby and mine are two peas in the pod----I, however, do not like to be wined and dined except at home---I am almost always disappointed when we dine out and then the following day I am dreadfully sick---I'm sure it's the handling in the kitchens here---UGH!!!

I think it's wonderful that our significant others appreciate our efforts---makes it worth it, huh?? Frankly---I love being in the kitchen and working on those creations---good or bad!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy