Vidalia Chop Wizard...
  Re: (...)
Does anyone have this or a similar chopper? I'm wondering how well they cut and if cutting a couple pounds of potatoes and onions would be any faster than with a chef's knife when you factor in time to clean the machine? Also, I just read that a Borner V-Slicer will dice - anyone use it for that? TIA
  Re: Vidalia Chop Wizard... by Ron (Does anyone have thi...)
Ron, your knife skills will go to he-- in a handbasket using something like that!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Vidalia Chop Wizard... by cjs (Ron, your knife skil...)
I, personally, would just as soon use a knife. It's really not much trouble.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Vidalia Chop Wizard... by cjs (Ron, your knife skil...)
My Mother had something like that (still does). It takes me longer to clean it than it does to chop them by hand. And, I need all the knife practice I can get!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Vidalia Chop Wizard... by Lorraine (My Mother had someth...)
I had a great record with knives - until Monday. I let my concentration wander when dicing an onion and cut my finger. After putting a band-aid on it I was irritated, let my concentration wander again, and cut my finger again. I was thinking of the chopper as an alternative to being called "Ole Three Toe."
  Re: Re: Vidalia Chop Wizard... by Ron (I had a great record...)
Curl your fingers...THEN let your mind wander!!!

Now, you've got to tell us what was so fascinating in your wandering mind that brot you to this impasse with your knives.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Vidalia Chop Wizard... by cjs (Curl your fingers......)
Quote:

Curl your fingers...THEN let your mind wander!!!

Now, you've got to tell us what was so fascinating in your wandering mind that brot you to this impasse with your knives.

Not THAT exciting. Cabin fever - it was 18 below at the time.
  Re: Re: Vidalia Chop Wizard... by Ron ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
We bought a chop up thing over Christmas. It chops in two sizes, or juliennes. I like it, I cannot see what I would gain from onion tears, and so on, by not using it. It cuts very cleanly, does not mush and ruin food, and no electrics. Plus very easy rinse and dishwash.
  Re: Re: Vidalia Chop Wizard... by bjcotton (I, personally, would...)
I just use my knife as well unless I am slicing or chopping HUGE volumes--such as onions for onion soup, etc. Then I go to my food processor or the mandolin. I will have to check out that wizard---new product for me.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy