Well...between me and Tammy....
  Re: (...)
Well everybody, the time has come that my grandmother is about to pass as well. Unfortunately since the bypass, blot clot, amputation, and major pneumonia, it is just about time for my grandmother to pass on to join the love of her life in heaven. We had hoped the bypass would improve the quality of her life!!! Making her feel alive again...then comes the blood clot in her groin (pain)...only known by a pain and discoloration in her toes. But before the amputation could take place (pain), the removal of the blood clot can take place, major infection in her groin (pain)...she suffers day and night....toes looking like prunes; black and shriveled. But persistance and encouragement and prayers continue for her recovery (pain). tears, prayers, regrets, hopes....wishful thinking. Finally the amputation...but no recovery. She can't walk on her own...in and out of my cousins home, but eventually, quickly she goes back to the nursing home. She hates it there and lets us all know it! December comes and so does pneumonia. The minute the ambulance loads her in, they start an i.v. (pain)...she's sick..and tired. But slowly she gets a little better only to find out that she has fluid on her right lung that has to be drained. But we have to wait until she's able. That day comes...1 quart! wow! In 2 weeks, she's lost 26 pounds...and it shows. She comes back to the nursing home lethargic and only somewhat responsive. The nursing home calls in the family and we request hospice. BUT, over the next day or so, she wakes up here and there. Recognizing us and responding to "i love you's"...our hopes lifted...only to be slapped in the face yet again yesterday. Today even worse..she is unable to eat, drink, or even accept medicine..therefore, we wait. Wait for her demise..it is close, (pain...for us all..pain for me). Please pray for her quick and painless death to be with the Christ she has lived for her entire life and the husband that left her 30 years ago (her dream)....pray for me to be strong to miss one of the most important people in my life.
Thank you...
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Well...between me and Tammy.... by Bizymomma (Well everybody, the ...)
You have my thoughts and prayers. May she not suffer and may you have the strength you need to get through this.
Oh, Angela, I went through a similar experience with my grandmother. Even though it was 6 years ago, I still remembser how it feels.

My prayers are with you and your grandmother.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Well...between me and Tammy.... by pjcooks (Oh, Angela, I went ...)
I am so sorry Angela. This past year I went through Chemo, illness, ups and downs with my step-dad. He passed on in October. Loosing someone is never easy - just know how much happier she will be - pain free - seeing her love and watching over you and your family forever more. She will always be with you in spirit, thought and in your hearts. Remember her and pray for her peacfull passing and ending to her pain. My prayers are with you and your family.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
Oh Angela, honey you are leading the way for me in this terrible time. My mother will be 90 and she is just tired of living, especially living without my Dad. I hope when the time comes when she gets her wish, I'll be as gentle and brave as you have been over the last few months. Your Grandma and your entire family is so lucky to have you at the center!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Well...between me and Tammy.... by cjs (Oh Angela, honey you...)
Angela dear, I am with you in my heart. My prayers are for your strength and a sweet passing for your grandmother.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Well...between me and Tammy.... by bjcotton (Angela dear, I am wi...)
Oh Angela I am so, so sorry that you and your family are going through this ordeal. I keep you all in my thoughts and my heart. Be sure to let her know it's ok to go. She sounds like a woman who's a fighter, she needs to know you all will be ok if she passes on.

If there is anything at all I can do please let me know. **HUGS** to you all.
  Re: Re: Well...between me and Tammy.... by DFen911 (Oh Angela I am so, s...)
Angela, I am so sorry. It is so painful to watch someone to keep getting ill over and over again. I'll pray for Angels to be holding her hands as she passes over and for your family to recover as painlessly as possible.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: Well...between me and Tammy.... by Half_Baked (Angela, I am so sorr...)
Angela, may it comfort you to know that others share your pain and understand what a difficult time this is for you and your family. Your family is so blessed to have you.
Wishing you peace, you will be in my prayers.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
These times are very difficult. Stay strong and know that many are thinking of you and sending their love.