Challenge for the Ex-Bartender...Jan
  Re: (...)
Our local Mexican dive that we love to go to has a drink called 'Sex On The Beach' that I just love!

Includes: Vodka, Peach Schnapps, Cranberry juice & o.j.

What proportions do you think?

They serve in about 10-12 oz. glass - my thots
1-2 jiggers Vodka
1-2 jiggers schnapps
Ice and fill with 1/2 cranberry and 1/2 o.j.

What are your experienced ideas, ma'am??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Challenge for the Ex-Bartender...Jan by cjs (Our local Mexican di...)
I had to look this up...and it sounds yummy.

http://www.drinknation.com/drink/Sex-On-The-Beach
  Re: Re: Challenge for the Ex-Bartender...Jan by dollop (I had to look this u...)
It's a great jello shooter too. All my recipes serve one but once you have the ratios, you can make a gallon.

My recipe says:
3/4 oz peach schnapps
3/4 oz vodka
3/4 oz pineapple juice
3 ox cranberry juice
splash of oj

You shake it in a mixer and strain it into a tall glass with fresh ice! Serve w/ umbrella and fruit for decoration, if desired.

NEXT!
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: Challenge for the Ex-Bartender...Jan by Half_Baked (It's a great jello s...)
well piddle, dollop (that's funny ), didn't even think to go on an internet search....

So, Jan, how do you turn this into a 'shooter'?
These are really good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Challenge for the Ex-Bartender...Jan by cjs (well piddle, dollop ...)
Sex on the Beach Shooter

Boil water and add jello
1 box cranberry jello
2/3 c water (or you could add 2/3 c more of the juice and booze. Boil just til melted or the alcohol will boil out and we wouldn't want that to happen.

After the jello is melted add rest of stuff and bring to a boil. Stir well and pour into shooter cups.

1/3 c peach schnapps
1/3 c vodka
1/3 c pineaplle juice
1/3 c orange juice

Have fun!
Jan

Re: Re: Challenge for the Ex-Bartender...Jan by Half_Baked (Sex on the Beach Sho...)
Ah once again the jello shooter...

*nods knowingly*
  Re: Re: Challenge for the Ex-Bartender...Jan by DFen911 (Ah once again the je...)
Quote:

Ah once again the jello shooter...

*nods knowingly*

You are just tooooo cute! DFen, they are the absolute bestest! If it weren't for you and the Margarita Shooter, none of this would have continued.
Jan

Re: Re: Challenge for the Ex-Bartender...Jan by Half_Baked ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
oh geez, we be in trouble....
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Challenge for the Ex-Bartender...Jan by cjs (oh geez, we be in tr...)
Haorld was rushing me when I typed out the recipe so if it's not clear, just ask me.

Jan

Re: Re: Challenge for the Ex-Bartender...Jan by Half_Baked (Haorld was rushing m...)
HEY! Tell Mr. Halfbaked to calm down when recipes are at stake!!
www.achefsjourney.com