Emergency I need Issue 3's carrot cake
  Re: (...)
I have the back cover of the issue but have lost the rest of it. I have no problem with the frosting or presentation (which is everything) but would really love to have the recipe again. I plan to make it for Xmas.
  Re: Emergency I need Issue 3's carrot cake by Bob W (I have the back cove...)
Are you sure it's #3? Just flipped through twice, and I didn't see a carrot cake. Strawberry and blackberry shortcake but no carrot cake.

When I recharge, I'll check my other issues.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Emergency I need Issue 3's carrot cake by pjcooks (Are you sure it's #3...)
Here ya go Bob, it was in Issue 2:

* Exported from MasterCook *

Carrot Cake

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : A List Cakes-Pies-Cookies

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
For the Cake-
Mix Together:
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 t. baking soda
1 1/4 t. salt
2 t. ground cinnamon
Beat until Well Blended:
4 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 cup corn oil
Add:
2 cups carrots -- grated
2 cups pineapple -- crushed
1 cup coconut -- shredded
For the Cream Cheese Frosting-
Cream Together:
1 pkg. cream cheese -- (8 oz.)
4 T. butter
Gradually Add:
5 cups powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 350°. Use non-stick spray to coat your cake pans. Line the bottoms with wax paper circles.

Mix together all the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon), in a medium-sized bowl. Stir until mixed.

Beat four eggs together in a separate bowl. When these are blended, add the sugar, mixing until it dissolves. Now you can blend in the corn oil. You'll notice the texture will change to a smoother, thicker consistency.

Add the grated carrots, drained crushed pineapple, and coconut to the egg, sugar and oil mixture. Blend thoroughly. Gradually stir in the dry ingredients. Mix these by hand thoroughly. (You won't have to use a mixer on this cake.) Distribute the batter evenly into your 3 pans. Tap each pan on the countertop to force air bubbles to the surface. Bake the cakes at 350° for 25-30 mins. on oven's middle rack. Doneness Test: When a toothpick, inserted at center, comes out clean. Cool and chill.

Cream together the room temperature cream cheese and butter for Frosting.

Gradually add the powdered sugar in one-cup measures to the cream cheese/butter mixture. Beat completely each addition of sugar. The frosting is ready to use when it has a lightly whipped texture. It should be stiff enough to show the "tracks" of the beaters. To assemble cake, start with chilled (or frozen) cake layers. Put the first layer (top surface down) on your plate. Then peel off the waxed paper. Spread frosting on top of first layer. Position next layer with top side down and frost. Place third layer, but top side up. Now refrigerate. Spread frosting on the sides of the stacked layers. You may want to apply one fairly thin layer of it to start, then go back over it with a second, for a more even layer of frosting. Spread frosting on top last, joining it to the side frosting. To smooth the top surface, dip your spatula in warm water and draw it across again. Refrigerate the finished cake.

Source:
"Cuisine, April 1997, Issue 2, p. 42"
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Emergency I need Issue 3's carrot cake by Bob W (I have the back cove...)
Hey, I appreciate the effort. My bad though, it was in #2, not 3.
  Re: Re: Emergency I need Issue 3's carrot cake by bjcotton (Here ya go Bob, it w...)
Thanks, I really appreciate it. Have a good Christmas.
  Re: Re: Emergency I need Issue 3's carrot cake by Bob W (Thanks, I really app...)
Okay, Bob, Billy came to the rescue so you have to tell us how it came out!

Merry Christmas!

PJ
PJ