Pacific Northwest
  Re: (...)
I was quickly browsing another forum and noted some comments that the northwest is having some weather problems---hoping our stars in that region are healthy and safe!!

JEAN???
ERIN???

I know Billy is fine---NZ is far away from Washington but hoping his family is managing without him!!

Any news, anybody?
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Pacific Northwest by Roxanne 21 (I was quickly browsi...)
Roxanne, I was wondering the same thing. According to the news, a lot of people are without power. Hopefully, Jean and Erin are both okay and we'll be hearing from them soon.
Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Pacific Northwest by Mare749 (Roxanne, I was wonde...)
I know Jean had lost power, and was having PC problems. Hope they're back soon. And I think she was going away this weekend.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Pacific Northwest by Lorraine (I know Jean had lost...)
BUT--even when Jean is away she checks in--that's what has me concerned!!

I'm sure all is well!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Pacific Northwest by Roxanne 21 (BUT--even when Jean ...)
She read an email from me but obviously is very very busy. I'm sure she's fine. Going away for the weekend....she probably headed east *crossed fingers*
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: Pacific Northwest by Half_Baked (She read an email fr...)
Hi there! Well, I'm back in my world...finally! We lost power Friday ~1 a.m. and it finally came back on at 4:30p.m. But with the horrendous winds all kinds of lines were down, including cable and whatever allows me to use my verizon wireless thingee...

By the time we left town Sat. a.m. (just to visit friends about 1 1/2 hours away) some da-- upgrading program had overtaken my computer and wouldn't let me near it! We finally just turned the stupid thing off Sunday a.m. But, by then my hosts were up and about and couldn't get back to the internet. Talk about withdrawals...

We're sure having a good time with some old friends - he is a wonderful cook and has been outdoing himself while we've been here. He always says he's intimidated to cook for me, but let me tell you, he takes back seat to no one in cooking up goodies! He made a stuffed flank steak last nite with (among other things) slivered dill pickles. I've never had anything like it - I'm not a real dill fan, but this was just delicious. Also, he made 'bread dumplings' to go with, now these were great also - have never made these.

Copying recipes like mad!

So, we leave this a.m. to go home to hopefully everything up and running. Speaking of the winds, it was unbelievable all the trees (and huge ones) that had fallen on houses, the roads and just about any other place they darn well wanted to go! It's a reall mess up here. As of last nite, there were still areas with no power. A lot of families suffering a heck of a lot more than me with no computer...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Pacific Northwest by Roxanne 21 (I was quickly browsi...)
Whew! Thanks for thinking of me! I just got back online this morning Dec 29th at 10:30 am! What a wind storm! We lost power Thursday night at about 5:30pm. THat wasn't even the main storms coming through - just some of the thunderstorms coming through with the beginings of the storm front. We lost power and part of a huge maple tree fell on my husbands shop. By midnight the storm was really howling. I have never been so scared. We lost a huge fir tree - probably 150 ft and over 100 years old in our yard. Luckily it didn't fall on the house - just over our fence line into the woods next door!

Our power was out for 8 days (8 days and 1 hour to be exact) and our cable TV and internet was out for 15 days. Just back on this morning. We have a generator so we managed. Lots of cooking in a toaster oven and the grill. The insurance adjuster is here now trying to file our claim. I hope that goes well. Lucky for me my husband was home the whole time. I don't know what I would have done if he had been off on a trip. Gone off on vacation somewhere warm probably . I hope these pictures on photobucket work. http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q43/segunn1/

It will take me awhile to get back into the swing of things, but it sure is good to be back up and running!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Pacific Northwest by esgunn (Whew! Thanks for th...)
My goodness Erin!!! I'm glad that you didn't get hurt! I hate seeing a big tree killed from a storm! That thing was huge!!!!

Hopefully everything will get back to normal for you soon!
Loving every moment of my life!!
Oh Erin, 8 days!! Thank God for generators! We had one for the short time (not to us tho ) we were without power and we have a gas stove, so we were really fine.

so glad you and your family are o.k. and back in the business of living again. We missed you!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Wow, Erin, that's a long time!! Glad all is well, and have a happy new year!

PJ
PJ