Need recipe for Chicken Cordon Bleu - Issue 47
  Re: (...)
Hi, I've misplaced my issue 47. Can anyone please provide recipe for chicken cordon bleu? Thanks in advance! Nancy
  Re: Need recipe for Chicken Cordon Bleu - Issue 47 by NWB (Hi, I've misplaced m...)
Here you go -

Chicken Cordon Bleu
(Cuisine at home, October 2004, Issue 47, p. 23)

Makes: 4 Stuffed Chicken Breasts Total Time: About 1 1/2 Hours + Chilling Time Rating: Intermediate

For the Filling —
Prepare:
4 oz. shaved deli ham
4 oz. Swiss cheese, cut into 4 blocks
4 spears asparagus, blanched and halved crosswise

For the Chicken —
Pound out; Season with:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (5–6 oz. each)
Salt and pepper

Coat in; Fry:
1 cup panko crumbs
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 eggs, beaten with 1 T. water
Salt and pepper
1/2 cup vegetable oil

For the Honey Mustard Sauce —
Saute in 1 T. Unsalted Butter:
1 shallot, minced

Deglaze with; Reduce:
1/2 cup apple cider

Add and Simmer:
3/4 cup chicken broth
1 T. heavy cream
1 T. Dijon mustard
1 T. honey

Whisk in:
2 t. beurre manié
1 t. chopped fresh thyme
Salt and cayenne to taste

Related Recipes:

Honey Mustard Sauce

-----

and the sauce -
Honey Mustard Sauce
(Cuisine at home, October 2004, Issue 47, p. 23)

Makes: 3/4 Cup Total Time: About 20 Minutes Rating: Easy

Saute in 1 T. Unsalted Butter:
1 shallot, minced

Deglaze with; Reduce:
1/2 cup apple cider

Add and Simmer:
3/4 cup chicken broth
1 T. heavy cream
1 T. Dijon mustard
1 T. honey

Whisk in:
2 t. beurre manié, see below
1 t. chopped fresh thyme
Salt and cayenne to taste

Related Recipes:

Chicken Cordon Bleu

Saute shallot for the sauce in butter in a saucepan, about 3 min.

Deglaze with apple cider and simmer until reduced, about 3 min.

Add broth, cream, mustard, and honey. Simmer until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.

Whisk in beurre manié and thyme; season with salt and cayenne. Keep warm over low heat (do not boil) until ready to serve. Honey Mustard Sauce shown here with Chicken Cordon Bleu.

Note: To make beurre manié, mash together 1 T. flour with 1 T. unsalted butter.

Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Need recipe for Chicken Cordon Bleu - Issue 47 by NWB (Hi, I've misplaced m...)
Nancy,

I've noticed a lot of requests for recipes from misplaced issues-and this includes me!! I was beginning to wonder if I was becoming extremely absentminded as I head towards 50. I finally figured out what was going on in my house. One or the other of the kids (and this includes girlfriends) would decide they had to "borrow" the magazine to try this or that. Do I ever see it again?

I've decided they need their own subscriptions. Good thing Christmas is here! I need to hide my old issues.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Need recipe for Chicken Cordon Bleu - Issue 47 by pjcooks (Nancy,[br][br]I've n...)
PJ, I think both of my girls need their own subscriptions too! I just got my first issue this week and almost "lost it" already!

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Need recipe for Chicken Cordon Bleu - Issue 47 by Mare749 (PJ, I think both of ...)
My daughter finally subscribed and has her first issue - she's very excited!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Need recipe for Chicken Cordon Bleu - Issue 47 by cjs (My daughter finally ...)
I have found keeping them in binders really helps from having them "Walk Away" or getting lost under a pile of other stuff. We have lost one issue that must have gotten thrown out - just can't find it anywhere, but know I had it becasue I copied a recipe for my mom from it. Now they are all in binders - except for the early years.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Need recipe for Chicken Cordon Bleu - Issue 47 by esgunn (I have found keeping...)
Mine too, Erin!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Need recipe for Chicken Cordon Bleu - Issue 47 by Mare749 (PJ, I think both of ...)
I lent out that issue and the person moved away, with my magazine.
Carolkay
  Re: Re: Need recipe for Chicken Cordon Bleu - Issue 47 by Carolkay (I lent out that issu...)
Welcome to the forum, Carolkay. Sorry you are joining us to share the bad news. Hope things get better, and you enjoy the food and people here.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Need recipe for Chicken Cordon Bleu - Issue 47 by labradors (Welcome to the forum...)
Hi Carolkay, and welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear you lost that issue. Aside from that, it's nice to see a new face on the forum, so please come back often and visit. Everyone is real nice here.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."