Update on my sis Fredia
  Re: (...)
Friday we put Fredia in the hospital again. It seems her pancreas is inflamed and giving her lots of pain. Why? Who knows, the doctors certainly don't. They are keeping her on morphine and IV feeding to see if the pancreas will cool down without antibiotics or any other treatment. She is resting comfortably and they have scaled down the amount of morphine, so it's wait and see I guess. Nothing life threatening though thank God!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Update on my sis Fredia by bjcotton (Friday we put Fredia...)
Oh, thank goodness, Billy. I'm so glad she's feeling better.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: Update on my sis Fredia by Half_Baked (Oh, thank goodness, ...)
Pancreas??? Is she diabetic as well? Hope she recovers quickly, Billy. It is always sad to see the ones we love so very ill and there is nothing we can do to help. I hate being out of control!! Please let us know what's happening!! Thoughts are with you and yours---
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
Billy, sorry to hear your sister is sick. Please let us know how she is doing later. Take care.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Update on my sis Fredia by Mare749 (Billy, sorry to hear...)
They let her have some jello and chicken broth this afternoon so she must be doing better.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Update on my sis Fredia by bjcotton (They let her have so...)
Oh goodness Billy, thats terrible. And so painful. Please give her my very best wishes, and hope she gets better quick smart. An acute attack of the poor old pancreas is a beastly thing indeed.
Billy, I'm sorry about your sister, but glad to hear she's feeling well enough to try and eat.

My thoughts are with you both.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Update on my sis Fredia by bjcotton (They let her have so...)
Oh Billy! I am so sorry - you know we'll be saying prayers for her rapid recovery. Well, if they let her eat - even if it's only jello and chicken broth that means she's improving. God only knows they don't feed you if they think there could be anything wrong. It's a good sign!

Take good care!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Update on my sis Fredia by Harborwitch (Oh Billy! I am so s...)
Oh Billy, sorry to hear Fredia's having a bad time again. Hope she's better soon.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Update on my sis Fredia by cjs (Oh Billy, sorry to h...)
Goodness, Billy! I am sorry to hear this and hope she continues to improve...and quickly. Please know that we are keeping you all in our thoughts. Keep us up on things!